cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mexicowander's new toy

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
I'll have to let him explain what the heck it does, features, ratings, amps, Volts, etc. Probably BORG power supply related is my guess.

38 REPLIES 38

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
I tried to find a Lucas switch for the Mega but they have become obsolete. It's the 3-position label I coveted

SMOKE

SMOULDER

IGNITE

Yeah, baby!

Does that read like a Judith McNaught romance novel to you?

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
I tried to find a Lucas switch for the Mega but they have become obsolete. It's the 3-position label I coveted

SMOKE

SMOULDER

IGNITE

Yeah, baby!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Heh, it DOES look like a rooster head! Never heard them called that, but I, too, love those old fashioned tailfinny knobs. Bakelite, are they?

Edit: I shoulda read the previous page before posting. Now I gotta go top off my blinker reservoir. Do you think canola oil will work? If I go out to to NorCal I could probably get some hemp oil... that would be thicker.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
NinerBikes wrote:
I'll have to let him explain what the heck it does, features, ratings, amps, Volts, etc. Probably BORG power supply related is my guess.

Looks like a razor for that hairy body part. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer

I guess Mex still gets excited by big rooster head knobs on his electrical toys.

Where are you gonna fit that on the BORG Box?

In other news, are you going to be happy with a lowly PF of .70 on your MegaWatt Power supply units?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Whazzat you say?

Cooling

Can't hear you

COOLING

Speak louder over the roar...

C-O-O-L-I-N-G!!!

The Delta "Mega Fast" 120mm x 38mm Fan is a staggeringly powerful 120 mm fan. The fan kicks out 252 cubic feet of air every minute - one fan can cool an entire system with ease. Of course, at 66.5 dBA, it is hardly quiet - but who can argue with a better than 4:1 airflow to noise ratio? You can choose to add a 4 Pin fan connector with a 3 Pin RPM connector in the options below, and get the power lead sleeved as well!

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8147/fan-500/Delta_Mega_Fast_120mm_x_38mm_Fan_-_252_CFM_-_Bare_Lea...

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

SMOKE

SMOULDER

IGNITE

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
They became obsolete when the SNAP, SNAP kept waking the DW up.

Grumpy exactly when did they replace the Sheep Grease (lanolin) with ninety weight gear oil? What a rook! Ain't nuthin better than pork grease mixed with sheep grease. Lacquer thinner? Modernist! Mineral spirits lasts longer. Use with 0000 steel wool to put a polish on the flivver that'll knock their eyes out!

And remember, ****** the spark lever BEFORE getting out. Beats getting hurled up over the hood.

In truth, if you use mineral spirits it becomes a completly different formula that was used in muffler bearings and bushings, found in early exotic sports cars like the English Ford Cortina, Honda 600's, and early Honda 50 Mopeds.

The blinker switch was very reliable. The blinker wires each, seperately, connected to an individual terminal in the switch. The shaft connected to a small pump with an intrigal fluid resivior. Lines then ran to each blinker for fluid supply. The faster the blinker blinked, the more fluid was pumped to it.
The main reason they were discontinued was when cars began to be equipped with the 4-way emergency blinkers. When they were used, the switch couldn't decide which blinkers needed the most fluid, and shut down.
By the time a suitable replacement was invented, it had been replaced by a tranducer operated switch that was vacume operated.
Grumpy
I forgot to mention, their still available through Yugo Warranty Parts.com. When they stopped being used here, the entire supply was sold to Yugo Inc.
Grumpy

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
It's missing a Hahnenkamm

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
KRAPP! I keeps forgetting RHEETARD is a neu-neu in the tech forum. Would it be better the refer to things as making the spark timing "Fashionably Late"?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
They became obsolete when the SNAP, SNAP kept waking the DW up.

Grumpy exactly when did they replace the Sheep Grease (lanolin) with ninety weight gear oil? What a rook! Ain't nuthin better than pork grease mixed with sheep grease. Lacquer thinner? Modernist! Mineral spirits lasts longer. Use with 0000 steel wool to put a polish on the flivver that'll knock their eyes out!

And remember, ****** the spark lever BEFORE getting out. Beats getting hurled up over the hood.

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to find. Originally found in old Army Surplus Stores next to cosmoline remover.
Supply has pretty much dried up, but it's easy to make...
Quart of 90 weight gear oil
Lb. package of lard, room temperture ( can use Crisco if lard not available)
Pint of lacquer thinner.
Mix it up and there you are. Multi viscosity blinker fluid.
Grumpy

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
What is it? looks like a Make Before Break UPS bypass swx ?
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

MrWizard
Grumpy
where do you go to buy your refill of blinker fluid
my blinker fluid reservoir is getting low
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
That, everyone, is a shaft driven blinker fluid control switch. It controls the variable fluid viscosity valving in the lines leading to the blinker fluid resivoir.
Generally found in older motor homes manufactured prior to 1973, but could have possibly been retro-fitted to newer years as they were known to be more reliable than the newer pressure controlled switchs that replaced them.
Additionaly, they were found to work equally well controling the windshield fluid output on early model Yugo's.
Grumpy