Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My latest Onan 2500 LP Thread - No A/C Output

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Wow... Seems 80% of my RV maintenance time has been spent on the Onan 2500 LP

The latest issue is no A/C power.

We started it up the other day and it runs like a champ now that I've done so much to it.

However this time, it never switched on the power..

It was kind of odd, so I played with the RV breakers. Nothing. I went out to the generator and played with that breakeon the generator itself. Bingo. It made power.

We went to use it again today and no power again. The breaker on the generator had no effect this time. I opened up the transfer switch relay and tried to get a reading of voltage in there after resetting the generator circuit breakers. I also had all power off at the main RV breaker after the transfer switch. There was no A/C coming from the generator to the transfer switch.

No matter what I did... Resetting generator circuit breaker, starting and stoping generator, no power coming out to the transfer switch.

One hint other than the fact that the generator circuit breaker had got me power for a bit is that the 5AMP DC fuse on the generator is not blown, but is loose. The entire fuse socket is flopping around with the fuse in it.

I'm thinking for those reasons, something is wrong inside that box that holds the start button, 5 Amp fuse and 30 amp breaker.

Has anyone been inside this box or been able to remove it easily without taking the entire generator out of its spot in the RV?

Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! That was what I suspected, buy wanted to see if it was a common occurrence. I'm glad it is. I'll remove the generator asap and get into the box that houses this stuff.

bounder39zman
Explorer II
Explorer II
my best guess is that you have a bad connection where wires connect to c/b, or in the connection box, or a bad c/b. all common occurances.
The 5 amp fuse protects control and is a 12volt dc fuse, has no effect on 120 volt output. If it was bad, would not crank or run at all.
The problem is not in generator itself, as these units will not run if the generator is not producing a.c. power. if your genny is mounted under vehicle, behind rear axle, it will be difficult to get to the c/b to replace it or check the connections.