cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NAPA Commercial 12v Battery ( Amp Hour? )

JimInMich
Explorer
Explorer
My MH came with two of the NAPA Commercial 12v batteries (part#7236) as my coach bank. I read people chatting about having 220amphour, ect. I don't see that rating on this battery. Is there a formula to find out?
From the NAPA web site:

Battery Application Commercial
Battery BCI # BCI # 31S
Battery Cold Cranking Amps @ 0 Degrees F 950
Battery Cranking Amps @ 32 Degrees F 1,190
Battery Load Test Amps 475
Current: 1987 Georgie Boy Encounter 34',John Deere chassis,460c.i./C6.
SOLD-2012 Cougar XLite 27RLS
SOLD-2008 Aerolite 24FB
SOLD-2004 Shadow Cruiser Fun Finder 189FBR
Just the Wife and I.
18 REPLIES 18

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought 2 a week ago at Cosco for 84.95 each. They are listed as an Interstate battery now.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

MrWizard
Sam's club 6v
Will be in the automotive department
Not on the store shelves next to the tools and hardware
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. It came up right away for me, but they are not available in all states:
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-golf-car-battery-group-size-gc2/prod3590228.ip?searchTerm=3477...

And, MI is one of the states they are offered in.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

JimInMich
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
You said you know about six volt and were hoping to save the cash... Here is a surprise for you.

Question: Do you have a SAM's club membership? A Pair of GC-2 at Sam's might actually cost LESS than that Group 31.. if they fit (Check first) you get more power, and DEEP CYCLE power at that. for about, or less, than the same money.

I checked Sam's web site, no golf cart batteries listed during search. I called my local Sam's club, they do not have them in stock. Person told me if they are not available on line, he couldn't order them for me either.

As for saving the cash statement, if I don't need to buy them, I'm saving the cash ( no use buying something I don't need right away ), right?
SOLD-2008 Aerolite 24FB
Just the Wife and I.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
The GC-2 is the single most produced 12 volt lead acid battery

SIX volt, right?
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You said you know about six volt and were hoping to save the cash... Here is a surprise for you.

Question: Do you have a SAM's club membership? A Pair of GC-2 at Sam's might actually cost LESS than that Group 31.. if they fit (Check first) you get more power, and DEEP CYCLE power at that. for about, or less, than the same money.

The GC-2 is the single most produced 12 volt lead acid battery, this means it is also the most Bang for your Buck. Mine are DEKA G-20s 230 amp hours, bit more expensive but by the time I added in the cost of a Sam's Membership, which I do not have... We are talking "Lunch at McDonalds" more expensive.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think I remember, couple years ago (?) an OP mentioned those batteries here on RV.net. The Diesel Pusher crowd was excited about them for chassis batteries.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Any battery that advertises "cranking amps" or "cold cranking amps" is a starting battery or a dual purpose battery. The best house batteries are "deep discharge". The best bang for the buck, are a pair of 6V golf cart batteries.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those aren't deep cycle batteries which is why no ah rating.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MrWizard
Jim
If you are going to dry camp boondock then plan on replacing those batteries and start budgeting for it

You will be ok 'right now' for the occasional overnight stop
But not for extended no hookup

You can save your money while you wear these out,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

JimInMich
Explorer
Explorer
Matt_Colie wrote:
Jim,

Are you having capacity issues with what you have? If no, clean the terminals and leave them alone.

No isues yet, we just purchased this MH and I am trying learn what I can about it.

The fact that it came with 2-12V jars is already kind of telling. A pair of golf cart batteries will probably be better than what you have.

What does it tell?
Yes, I'm sure that 2 gold cart would be better.
SOLD-2008 Aerolite 24FB
Just the Wife and I.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Jim,

Are you having capacity issues with what you have? If no, clean the terminals and leave them alone.

The fact that it came with 2-12V jars is already kind of telling. A pair of golf cart batteries will probably be better than what you have.

The PD9260 is a good converter for that, just make sure that the terminals on everything are clean and tight.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

JimInMich
Explorer
Explorer
I know about using two 6v. I was hoping to save the cash for something else. I'll have to wait and see how these do.
And charging is via PD9260C.
SOLD-2008 Aerolite 24FB
Just the Wife and I.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
A 15 plate 2% antimony battery. Thousands hit big rig dealer parts shelves and were retailing for $79.95 exchange. Not at all a cyclavle battery as Ed Gee so nicely put it. Flooded 31 batteries are problematic no matter what plate configuration is used. I recommend a plain "pass" on that BCI group size. The batteries are 13" in length so 11" 3-cell golf car batteries would fit if your intentions are to boondock. Always plugged in? Those NAPA batteries would be fine and dandy. There are no issues with 31 VRB absorbed glass mat batteries.