cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

no power

backhoemike
Explorer
Explorer
My lights and everything worked, i have replaced all batteries with new ones, engine and generator will start and no lights ,slide out wont come on, i have kill switches above the door and the coach and chassis, the coach one doesnt feel like it is working like the chassis side , i pull it out and it is a circuit board how do you tell or replace the switch/ citcuit board?
3 REPLIES 3

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree, lights are 12 volt. problem exists between 120 volt feed to converter and fuse panel (May be bad converter, blown fuse, disconnect switch or broken wire,(not likely broken wire but... I' have had same wire here "Break" twice (only one was an actual break and then it broke DURING inspection.. (I tapped a suspect and it broke in my hand).

Another option is the famous screw.. I'm fond of saying many RVers have a few screws loose.. ONe such screw is on the circuit breaker (or neutral bus) the wire that FEEDS the converter. (Check all screws in that box and please. REMOVE 120 volt power first, work by flashlight only.. No generator and the shore cord where you can SEE the unplugged pulg.)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
The coach kill switch is likely ok.

Sounds like you somehow blew the battery fuse (or DC circuit breaker if you have that instead of the fuse) near the battery, on the pos battery wire that goes to the DC fuse panel and converter.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

tallpall888
Explorer
Explorer
I won't be able to help you Mike, but in reading your entry it occurred to me that if you could expand on this a bit it might be helpful to those who can. Like is this a motor coach? a fifth wheeler? What all does not work? Where are the lights that don't work? Did it happen after the batteries were installed? Anything else you can think of....more to make a stab at help for you.