Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cheap chinese generator safe for electronics?

My travel trailer included a cheap chinese portable generator. The only identifier on it is xg-sf3000. It appears that these are all made by the same chinese company and sold under different brand names. Anyways I have read that they have very dirty ...

Jonnygsx by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

[SOLVED] - Monaco - trim at top of entry stairs

Looking for an online source for this threshold trim that is at the top of the stairwell at the entry door. I have searched but not found it. I have not seen anything like it at building supply or hardware stores. Was at a Camping World and they d...

tkcas01 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

DirecTV Genie?

I recently had a free upgrade to my home DirecTV system to the Genie. I didn't realize it at the time, but the receiver in one of my bedrooms that I was using in the RV was replaced with a Genie remote box that operates off the main unit. So now I'...

Winter Storage for Battery

Storing my TT for the winter, should I leave it plugged into shore power to keep the battery charged with the converter or should I disconnect the battery and connect my Battery Minder to keep it charged?Thanks for your advise. Skip

Freedom 458- Replace or consider a different unit

It appears that the charging side of my Freedom 458 unit went out. I have spoken to an authorized repair center and they expect a $300 or so charge.In thinking about this, I may decide to replace the unit and have the other one fixed for a backup. ...

Top light out

On my 06 Phaeton, one of the top lights, which has two 18 inch bulbs, will not come on. I have tried new bulbs to no avail and am thinking I need a new ballast, a new fixture or a new switch. Any suggestions will be appreciated.Jim

kitch251 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Direct Charge Circuit

I would like to run a direct line from my truck alternator to the house batteries in my fifth wheel trailer. Has anyone done this project that could offer some suggestions on how to and what materials used? Any help will be appreciated.

2013 Discovery Front End Noise

We have a 2013 Discovery 36J with 3,500 miles and have a noise in the front end that may be best described as a "klunking sound" like there is a shock mount rubber missing. This noise occurs at any speed and it doesn't take a very rough road to make ...

New Actuator Woes

I took my side door actuator off of my Winnebago Rialta about a year ago because it had gone bad. I just bought a new OEM replacement since I'm getting sick unlocking it manually, and I'm really starting to wish I had taken pictures of the old wiring...

pNuker by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

windshield wipers stubborn

The last time I needed windshield wipers (June in MN) they did not move when turned on for about an hour. I left the switch in the "on" position and they finally started working.My dry weather travel luck will end one of these days, so any suggestio...

RRodda by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Even Brake Amperage

I have had a RoadMaster Even Brake for years. My tow vehicle is a Jeep liberty, the cigarette lighter fuse that it gets power from is a 20 amp fuse. According to Roadmaster it should draw no more then 15 amps. Lately it’s blowing that 20 amp fuse som...

SGKane by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Diversion load needed for solar?

Trying to understand diversion loads from solar controllers. I understand that they divert excess power to whatever you wire them to. What I dont understand is when these are REQUIRED. Do you need some kind of diversion load for any solar setup? Only...

Jonnygsx by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Biggest converter for Honda 2000

I am trying to assist someone else.They are getting a Honda 2000 watt generator.What is the biggest converter that it will be able to handle when charging 3 pair of depleted GC 6v batteries, lets assume 1500 feet above sea level?Thanks

rv heating and air thermostat

I would like to change my Colman-Mach True Air 6537-335 residential central heating and air thermostat to a digital Honeywell RTHL 2510C thermostat. I need diagram to make the changes.I have posted this before but no luck. I need the wiring diagram ...