cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Top light out

kitch251
Explorer
Explorer
On my 06 Phaeton, one of the top lights, which has two 18 inch bulbs, will not come on. I have tried new bulbs to no avail and am thinking I need a new ballast, a new fixture or a new switch. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Jim
6 REPLIES 6

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
If this is a ceiling light you might want to check if there is also a switch by the front entry door. My ceiling light has a switch by the front door and also a switch on the fixture itself. the entry switch by the door has to be ON before the fixture switch will work. Check it out, might be the problem. If it is the problem, the proper way to use such a system is always control the light by the door switch off and on and leave the fixture switch in the ON position so you can turn the light ON when you enter the RV instead of fumbleing around in the dark for a switch on the fixture.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
kitch251 wrote:
On my 06 Phaeton, one of the top lights,ceiling light? which has two 18 inch bulbs, fluorescent lamps?will not come on. I have tried new bulbs to no avail and am thinking I need a new ballast, a new fixture or a new switch. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Jim

The fixture is nothing but a case to hold the other components.

Test the switch with a meter or test lamp to determine if you have power on the output side.

If you have power, have ground, and new lamps, the ballast is bad.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Moved from Forum Technical Support

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I think this needs to be moved to the proper area.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a job for GS Roadside Assistance. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
I would start at the switch.
are other lights ran off the switch
if so are they working