Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold Fridge Problem

Mulvey
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there,

Our 2008 Zinger has a Norcold N61X model. About 6 years ago it started freezing the food regardless of where the temperature was set. We had it fixed by the dealership at that time.

Last fall it started doing the same thing. The dealership who fixed it is no longer in business and the camper is parked in a seasonal spot so I don't want to move it.

The other dealerships don't want to provide suggestions on what it could be (then they may lose out on the $375 service call) so I'm reaching out to the experts on this forum.

Could it be anything other than the thermostat?

Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
First check the simple stuff (Short story,,, I just did some work for a friend, well the light did not come on like it should..... Till I pulled the chain).

Inside the fridge top rear are some fins.. Is there a plastic clip on one of the fins (move it down) or is there a wire kind of hanging there? (supposed to be clipped to the fins).

Now this, like the pull chain on that light, is the "no cost" fix.. From there on out it costs money.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jetcare
Explorer
Explorer
Replace the thermister. This is the black sensor with the two white wires attached to the metal fins in the back of the refrigerator behind the light.
2016 F-250 Crewcab 6.2L 4x4
2012 Palomino Sabre 32' Travel Trailer

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I put this into a google search and there is many posts about your exact problem.

Have a look at "Norcold N61X too cold"
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel