cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold N300 Fridge exhaust fans: activation temperature

rickst29
Explorer
Explorer
My small RV absorption fridge, Norcold N300.3, is working well. But I would like to use a thermostat to control my exhaust fans, instead of hand-operating a switch. (And the Valtera 4" makes far to much noise for me to allow continuous operation.) I have two low-speed, QUIET 120mm computer fans mounted in the upper "removable panel", and they're very effective.

Obviously, if the Temp within the upper compartment is 120 F, then the fans should be "ON". And, if the Temp is only 80 F, then the fans should be definitely remain "OFF". My temp controller relay can be set to switch at any temperature value. What is the best temperature value for switching the fans "ON"?
- - - -
Edit, years later, providing the answer I found in testing:

Switching "ON" at 105 F, and switching "OFF" at 100 F, matches operating times of the heaters pretty well. 110 "ON" and 105 "OFF" was equally effective, and ran the fan a bit less. Those settings provide better radiator cooling at the top, and protect the interior from excess heat pretty well, while still allowing the heater section to boil the ammonia mix into gas quite easily.
0 REPLIES 0