Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

small elec/ceramic htr/solar?

I am running 3 renolgy 100w eclipse panels on top of my 2014 ford e250 van with 40a commander and a 255ah lifeline battery.Am wondering if a small elec/ceramic type htr would work for occasional use, take the chill out of the air in the van, maybe 1...

blueh20 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Issues

Hi All,I have noticed that the battery on our 19 doesn't have the capacity it used to have. When the sun is hidden the voltage drops more quickly than it used to. Under load, the voltage drops further than it used to. So we'll probably replace the ba...

Need drivers door wiring harness, how to ID?

I've had an issue with the wiring in my driver's door for quite a while now. Truck in sig.It started with my aftermarket alarm going screwy on me, related to the activation of the dome light trigger switch when you open the door.In a nutshell I found...

Absorbsion Charging Wet Batteries

As batteries charge, amperage will sag and voltage climbs. There is a point where solar panels can effectively replace a running generator.Use 14.8 voltage to start out with on the generator. If you have 40 amperes max DELIVERED panel power you can s...

Ultraheat Tank Heater Pad Issue

My converter fan is running continuously when I switch on my 2 forward UltraheatTH-624 heat pads. When only middle TH-1218Ultraheat and rear TH-624Ultraheat heat pads are on the inverter fan does not run. The 2 front tank heat pads are switched on by...

Raywatt by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Adjusting trailer door??

Is there a way to adjust my TT front door? Have a 2004 keystone zeppelin TT for a few years and we hooked up a few days ago to go away for a few weeks and when we got to the campground we leveled and set up. went to close the front door and the top c...

joelyn by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

The Cooked Suburban Water Heater Control Board.

These are pictures of the PCB removed from the Suburban SW6DE water heater I removed from our 2017 Rockwood. It started only firing on LPG when it felt like doing so earlier in the season, and eventually stopped firing at all. I knew what the culprit...

Adjusting Electric Trailer Brakes???

Quick question on adjusting trailer brakes on my 5th wheel with Lippert manual adjust brakes. I turned the star nut on my brakes until the wheel would no longer turn freely. I then backed off 5 clicks on the star nut. The wheel turns but with a sl...

bowler1 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

GFI Breaker switch won't reset

Breaker switch wont reset , and hence one plug in the bathroom, 2 plugs in the kitchen and the water heater (using electricity) don't work (surprisingly the dishwasher does). The outlets say GFI protected but there is no button to 'test' the outlet. ...

shug23 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Another question on Converter sizes

There is another active thread regarding converter sizes, but I get lost in the wealth of detail offered here. I have a simple question: I have a PD 9200 , 45 amp converter, two Trojan T105 batteries and a Honda 2000w generator.With my setup, should ...

rtate by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Handheld electronic gas leak detector

Hi,I was wondering if anyone on the forum has used the Techamor Y201 gas leak detector? If so, what was your experience with it?If not, what units have you tried and recommend?Thanks!

pld33270 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Using a battery maintainer

I'm going to store my Ram diesel truck for about 5 months and want to keep the batteries charged with a battery maintainer. Will I need to disconnect the batteries to do this?ryoung

ryoung by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

How much converter/charger is really needed?

I have a pair of NAPA 9824M Marine/RV batteries with a 20 hr rating of 79AH each, wired in parallel.Is there, really, any advantage in going from a 45 amp (PD4645V) converter/charger to a 55 amp (PD4655V) converter/charger? I know that bigger is ALWA...

Bobbo by Explorer II
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold N641 stops working during heavy rain storms

I have a Norcold N641 that was installed new in a mortorhome approx. 12 - 13 years ago. It's worked perfectly until about 2 or 3 years ago started to stop working, (one or two times a year), during or after heavy rains storms, which aren't that frequ...

Andonso by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes