cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Style Propane Lines

dano73
Explorer
Explorer
OK, heres a question for u propane guys. I have an older trailer with the old style inside reverse thread tank fittings that u have to put on with a wrench. I had 1 valve replaced last year, cause it was leaking, when I tried to use the heater over the winter the other valve started leaking and it is still leaking now, I just turned it on to check. I looked inside the valve, it appears to be ok, but just wont seal right, and yes it is an opd. Should I replace the lines with the newer style plastic handles, I just looked at my bbq, they seem to seat differently, so I'm thinking newer is better right? what do u guys think, and where would I get them, any sources?
4 REPLIES 4

doughere
Explorer
Explorer
You can get them from any RV parts department.

Doug

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Where to get them.. I like to deal with propane wholesale places but not all have them. A good fireplace and BBQ store may have what you need too.. And if they do not, they will know who does.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

GASMAN6674
Explorer
Explorer
Yes The new style type 1 connection will allow you to connect with out a wrench.
All 20-40 pound "trailer" tanks now require an OPD Valve and 99% of those are the type 1 connection (Acme threads on the outside and POL female inside). Your older POL maybe worn enough that it will not seal against the QCC seat so just upgrade. Get the green OPD pigtails if you can as they are higher flow.
Jim & Debbie England
Do you have Gas? Propane Exceptional Energy
2015 F350 CCLB 6.2L/4:30 Vermilion Red
2020 Cougar 364BHLGone but not forgotten 2012 Ridgeline 34RLT fifth wheel/2012 V27FK V-Cross TT

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
I'd replace the old lines.
You can get 'em at Camping World, most propane dealers or even Ebay!
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.