cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Paint / Clearcoat Recommendation - South Texas

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
My coach is losing clearcoat around the top edges, I assume due to South Texas extreme heat. Any readers have personal experience with any RV paint shop in South Texas ? I assume it will need paint and clear coat. Newmar will do it in Indiana but fuel cost makes that not a great plan.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package
5 REPLIES 5

Peg61
Explorer
Explorer
Hello folks,
I am also in S. Texas and have clear coat problem the sun out here will eat it off. I have the spray as you say rattle can of clear coat but need a way to cover as we are in the open. I had a glass company come out and repair chip and they had a bubble thing they put over the window it attached with suction cups but I have not idea where to find anything like that. We are Gate Guards for oil companies so leaving area is not option as our job is 24/7 But we are parked in dirt and dust and bugs of course at night with lights so Any Ideas? I am sure everyone could benefit from your answer.
thanks
Peg

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of years ago I got a cost estimate of$3000 to "fix"the same condition on my coach. At the time Newmarket had a special price of $1200 to do same. I went to the factory. Just used it as a trip and visited Amish country.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

artguys
Explorer
Explorer
Where in south tx

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Some 600 grit wet paper to lightly remove the clear and then rattle can clear coat worked well for me.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

docj
Explorer
Explorer
I don't yet have personal experience with these folks, but I've been thinking of calling them when we're in TX this winter: Texas Custom Coach
I suspect they won't be cheap, but it's worth asking.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels