cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PATHWAY X2

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
just got a new pathway x2 from winegard friday. every time i turn it off for more than an hour i have to reboot it, twice after shutting it down for a while and turning it back on i had no sound and had to reboot it. tried to get help but being saturday even though they said they were open no one would call me back. anyone have any helpful solutions? thanks in advance for any help. i have the new vip 211z box.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›
5 REPLIES 5

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad it's working. The tech might have pushed a software update to your receiver.
-jbh-

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replys. After no help from winegard i fooled with it and got it working myself. first i know when i move i will have to change things and second you cannot not power off the 211z, it has a setting to go into standby after awhile and i disabled that but it still goes off. I started on the eastern arc with no luck then switched to the western arc with some luck, i then switched back to the eastern arc with better luck then talked to a tech at dish, he done something on his end and it is working great now.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm....

OK, it's not possible to never power-off the receiver in an rv that goes anywhere.

I think you might be on the fringe of "no signal." This may mean that you need to select eastern or western arc appropriately or get out from under the trees that are blocking your signal. When you're on the fringe you might get sound and picture anomalies.

The way I do it is I have a switched power strip and before I roll out I turn it off. At a new campsite, hook up everything and then switch it on. This seems to make for less fooling around.

You do indeed need to go through the scan/check switch procedure at each campsite but hooking up and then switching on automates this.
-jbh-

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
A little operational tip when using the Pathway x2. NEVER power off the receiver, let it stay on 24/7, just turn off your TV.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What's rebooting? If you are talking about powering off the receiver itself, this is a Dish issue and I don't believe there is a solution. Special software was written by Dish for the 211/411 receivers to work with the Pathway and the Tailgater to allow nearly autonomous operation but it does require the setup routine be performed each time the unit is setup / powered up.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?