Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Question on Wiring Solar Panels with Power Inverter

I have an old 21' prowler travel trailer that is on a permanent site. I am going to install 2-100 watt solar panels which goes to the charge controller then to the battery bank. I am also going to install a Xantrex Prowatt SW 1000 pure sine inverter...

Atwood water heater malfunction

My Atwood 10 gal. WH is acting strange. I usually run it on 110v, but right now it is on propane. Worked fine for a few days and then I shut it off for about 36 hrs. When I turned it back on, it fired up on gas just fine, ran for about 3-4 min. an...

Dayle1 by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

toasted wheel bearing

Hello All --On our last trip last fall we had a wheel bearing completely burn up on our raptor fiver. So bad that the entire axle, brake assembly and wheel hub will need to be replaced. Anyone ever swapped out an axle? Seems fairly straightforward b...

WInegard Sensar IV - size of hole through roof?

I'm about to install a Sensar IV to replace the junk omni that came with my rig. The instructions say to drill a 1 3/4" hole through the inner and outer roof. The metal base on the antenna has a 1 1/2" flange but I'm going to be using a roof wedge wh...

1981 Hydro-Flame VS Vented Platinum Cat Heater ?

I am trying to understand the difference between my 1981 "old-time" (doesn't seem that long ago!) Hydro Flame furnace in the used TC we just got and a new Vented Platinum Cat.They both use propane, they are both radiant heaters for the RV, and they ...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Furnace Gas Usage

I have been living in my RV for a couple of months now and seems that I have spent more than I should have on propane. I typically fill my two 30lbs tanks and two 17lbs BBQ tanks. I know that with a bit of conservation one 30lbs can last about 7-8 ...

UGL by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Rogue MPT-3048 now available

For those who've been waiting, just a heads-up that the 3048 is now available for ordering on the Rogue website.http://www.roguepowertech.com/products/mpt3048.htmIf you've visited the page recently, you might have to refresh your browser to see the u...

lorelec by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Surge Suppressor

I keep seeing whole unit surge suppressors from Under $100 to over $300. Are they necessary? Also, I have a friend who camps who suggests buying a 30 to 50amp adapter and using the 50Amp power connector when I plug in my 30 amp TT. He claims the 5...

Problem with Airhorn on Smartwheel

Bar across bottom of Smartwheel is "sticking" & airhorn will not stop until I turn off horn master rocker switch. I've removed the screws under the wheel but can not remove the "bar" from steering wheel!Any ideas??Thanks

GoBoy45 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

battery

well just wanted to share. my battery in camper died..it was a yellow top one,, so i got a deep cycle lead evermaxx one from wally world, well it was too big, the post were too high , so i too a hack saw to the posts,,then cut about 3/8 of an inc...

kennyzzz by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

QUESTION. Megawatt 29-Amp model Maximum Amperage?

Yes they have ratings but I am interested in knowing how long and how hard they can be "pushed" at a rational voltage setting - say 14.4 volts?The larger bruiser is now available and I see I made a typo with it's rating. I posted 60 amperes. That is ...

Tripple Price Dumping !!!

I'm proposing 3X the dumping price for RVers too cheap to use sanitation chemical in their holding tanks !!I get so sick of cheap assed RV'ers that have no concideration for fellow campers. You can smell their stinkin RVs a mile away.I just wonder ho...

King Control OA-8000 Replacement antenna

I am considering the King Control Jack replacement antenna for my 5th wheel. Currently I have the wineguard bat wing antenna. This antenna has 4 small feet that contact the roof when lifting arms are in the down position. Does the Jack replacement...

74vette by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes