cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PianoTuna, question for you

Ezbagr
Explorer
Explorer
Pianotuna, not tech related but I know that I can find you here. I was checking out free camping guide and I came across a park in Iowa that someone named Pianotuna did a review on it. Is that the same Pianotuna that is on here???????
6 REPLIES 6

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, 600 sites! Thank you very much!
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

I'd always zoom in on google maps and try street view.

I also like "GOOGLE EARTH" mainly to check out the surrounding area and to just make sure the CG is where they say it's at. This is especially helpful for FAMKAMPS on military installations since some of the directions are wierd to begin with.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

Good idea. I have been doing the same on new locations the last few years.
Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Ezbagr
Explorer
Explorer
It was place in central Iowa, cannot recall the name. We are from Illinois and planning a trip out west sometime maybe mid September and I am wanting to stay at decent places that have low rates and also do some boondocking-my fifth wheel has
enough solar panels and batteries that I can stay out for sometime.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Ezbagr,

Yes, I've added about 600 sites to http://freecampsites.net/ and before it existed I did a lot of sleuthing of sites for http://freecampgrounds.com/, trying to add gps numbers. What is the name of the location?

Ezbagr wrote:
Pianotuna, not tech related but I know that I can find you here. I was checking out free camping guide and I came across a park in Iowa that someone named Pianotuna did a review on it. Is that the same Pianotuna that is on here???????
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.