Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progressive Industries EMS PT30x Pricing - Canada

alberta_camper1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,
Well, probably similar to most of you, we are anxious to hitch up and head out. In the meantime, we are looking for a quality surge protector and pretty much landed on this model, for a few reasons.
They are quite expensive however, so I am wondering if anyone has seen a best price that is exceptional. Best I can find is $251US. I am having trouble finding anyone in Canada who ever stocks this brand but they WILL order for about $600!!!!. I may have to order directly in the US (in US $$...uggggggh!) and rip down to the border to pick it up. Anyone with better ideas?
Thanks
Glen
12 REPLIES 12

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
alberta camper wrote:
Thanks all, for your insight and assistance. By a stroke of luck, I found one from a private seller on Ebay, at a very fine price indeed.:)

SoundGuy wrote:
A "fine price" may seem like a great deal but keep in mind the unit you purchased won't be covered by the Progressive Industries Lifetime Warranty. 😉

alberta camper wrote:
Appreciate the heads-up on the warrantee. I had that same thought and investigated before I bought. It is covered, as confirmed by PI and the necessary paperwork has been submitted. It has been tested; all is good and I appreciate your thoughts on manufacturer's warrantee. Compared to any prices I could find on the internet or locally for sale here in Canada, I saved about $350.

I hope that's true, 'though I don't see how it could be since you bought this from a private seller and considering it clearly states in the Progressive Industries warranty -

"This is a non-transferable Lifetime Warranty and is exclusive to the original owner and covers those products purchased from an authorized dealer, retailer, or seller."

Hopefully you'll never have to find out. 😉
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

alberta_camper1
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
alberta camper wrote:
Thanks all, for your insight and assistance. By a stroke of luck, I found one from a private seller on Ebay, at a very fine price indeed.:)

A "fine price" may seem like a great deal but keep in mind the unit you purchased won't be covered by the Progressive Industries Lifetime Warranty. 😉

Appreciate the heads-up on the warrantee. I had that same thought and investigated before I bought. It is covered, as confirmed by PI and the necessary paperwork has been submitted. It has been tested; all is good and I appreciate your thoughts on manufacturer's warrantee. Compared to any prices I could find on the internet or locally for sale here in Canada, I saved about $350.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
alberta camper wrote:

alberta_camper1
Explorer
Explorer

windviewer
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon.ca has it for $371 and free shipping

The C version however.

I note on Progressive's web site they are clearing the old stock (still lifetime warranty) of the PT30C for $310 (US).

I had the PT30C (amazon.ca $211 in 2015) but then sold it and put the hardwired version in.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Here's really aggressive pricing from RV Parts Canada ... no idea what shipping costs might be.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
alberta camper wrote:
I am having trouble finding anyone in Canada who ever stocks this brand but they WILL order for about $600!!!!.

Any dealer here in Canada who buys from NTP / Stag can get you any Progressive EMS model that you want within a day. Current price for an EMS-PT30C is around $500 Cdn + tax, a bit more for the newer PT30X which functionally isn't any different. The PT30C may have been "discontinued" by Progressive but obviously will be available for some time yet as wholesale distributors still have plenty in stock.

AFHauler
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered from Adventure RV Center in Chilliwack (604-823-4500) and paid $487 CDN (including taxes) for the Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C.
H & P
2015 Arctic Fox 29L, 2016 F350 PSD Crew Cab 4X4

Geocache team: Afternoonshift

alberta_camper1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the US recommendations. Not quite the unit I was looking for as that is the PT30C, whereas I've decided on the newer PT30X. Probably very close but I prefer some of the new features not included in older units. I think the 30C is a discontinued product now, IRC.
I don't mind a US site as I can always have it sent free to the US-Canada border and go pick it up, if necessary.
Thanks
Glen

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
4aSong wrote:
Try this company for $227.50
Best Converter

OR

for $242.98
Dyers

I came across both when doing a simple google search.

Good for you, but neither one of those links are for Canada.

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Try this company for $227.50
Best Converter

OR

for $242.98
Dyers

I came across both when doing a simple google search.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU