cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane appliances

Dustymoore
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 coachman catalina travel trailer. In the last week I have been having problems with the fridge and hwt on propane. They electronic igniters fire and some time I will get a very weak flame. To me it seems as though the tank regulator is partially closed however the propane cook top functions well. I have purged the lines of air but canโ€™t understand why 2 of 3 propane appliances would suddenly appear to stop receiving gas flow? Any ideas?

Thanks

Dusty
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
ALL the appliances in your RV operate at 11.5 inches WC Pressure. EXCEPT, the Range/oven, which operates at 10 inches W/C pressure. So, you may have a regulator pressure/volume problem. I would replace the LP regulator, unless you have a Manometer LP pressure tester to test it with. Doug

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Check the gas pressure and flow at each appliance that is not working right.

Dusty R.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Dusty,

There are three things that come to mind right away:
1 - Are you sure of the amount of LP in the tanks.
Weighing the tank is the best way to confirm this.
2 - Modern regulators have a system that shuts off the flow if it higher than it is should be. This can happen with just opening the tank valve too fast.
Close the tank valve and wait (I am not sure how long) and then open the valve very slowly.
3 - The regulator may be out of adjustment or have failed.
Either build a manometer or get someone (Like an LP service) to check that the line pressure is 11'WC.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
the two with issues are two with outside access. One thought is either debris or spider nest in the orifice. For some reason spiders like propane or NG. The fridge is one that is very easy to clog since the orifice is so small. take off the orifice for both and clean them out. See if that fixes the problem.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!