cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane Detector

regalroute66
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some help as to where is the best place to install a propane detector.Close to the floor, half way up the wall or close to the ceiling? I currently have two expired CO detectors one at floor level and one halfway up the wall. I do have a replacement one, and I was going to install the new propane detector in one of the expired CO detectors holes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

regalroute66
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Don't you have a Propane Detector? Should be down close to floor.

Is the CO Detector down by floor really a CO Detector or is it the Propane Detector?

Just surprised you have 2 CO Detectors and no Propane Detector :H

Propane is denser than air and sinks to floor
Carbon Monoxide is roughly the same as air....BUT it rises with warm air so should be installed in sleeping area up high on wall

No! beleive it or not, there is no propane detector but two co detectors that's why I purchased one. We purchased the Motorhome used and I assume the original propane detector was replaced with a second co detector for some reason.

Thanks to everyone for yor help ๐Ÿ™‚

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't you have a Propane Detector? Should be down close to floor.

Is the CO Detector down by floor really a CO Detector or is it the Propane Detector?

Just surprised you have 2 CO Detectors and no Propane Detector :H

Propane is denser than air and sinks to floor
Carbon Monoxide is roughly the same as air....BUT it rises with warm air so should be installed in sleeping area up high on wall
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

path1
Explorer
Explorer
I do have a replacement one, and I was going to install the new propane detector in one of the expired CO detectors holes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
New one should have directions where to mount. My replacement went in same hole old one came out of. And I made it a point to keep new directions because "how to test" was on sheet along with amp draw and other useful info.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
As low as possible, propane sinks to it's lowest point.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.