cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Prosine 2.0 fan operation

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
Prosine 2.0 owners, does your fan run periodically when the charger is supplying little current (1 amp or less)? In this situation mine kicks in for a couple of minutes every 30 minutes or so. The fan is operating correctly according to the internal temps on the display, so the root problem is the internal temp going above 130F with little or no load. Happens even with the ambient temp at 60F. It's annoying, and none of my power converters ever needed to run the fan even with a 10 amp load.
2009 Fleetwood Icon
2 REPLIES 2

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The fan runs, as you summarized, in response to a T-Stat closing.. now due to the way it is mounted I don't really notice the fan on the Prosine (some comments later) but I also have a converter.. For assorted reasons I prefer it to the Prosine when it comes to doing it's job (The prosine can do it though and do it well. I just like the charge wizard better).

I have seen that fan running (Same type of controller) even though I was not connected to shore power and NO power was flowing into/out of the box. It was OFF, only the fan was running.

Power of the sun
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Xantrex TrueCharge charger which is probably close to the charger in the Prosine 2. My fan runs constantly even at 1-2 amps. Mine is located in a pass through and I can't hear but it would be annoying if I could.
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad