cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rand McNally GPS

cochise49
Explorer
Explorer
Have the Xsite Infotainment System in our new Winnebago. Great unit. GPS worked great until today when I downloaded map updates. As with most new GPS units, the first update was somewhat large and took 45 minutes. When I ejected the SD card from my Mac and put it back in the Xsite, the GPS system would not boot. Multiple errors. Contacted support and told to perform a diagnostic/repair from within the RM Dock software. Tried it twice. No luck. I was told that several users had reported this today and engineers were working on it. Told to call back next week. I explained that I would not have access to my computer next week as I would be traveling, hopefully with the GPS working. Said I'd call back tomorrow. Don't know if this affects updates for all of the RM mapping devices or not. You may want to avoid updates until you are sure you won't have problems. Back to the iPad for GPS I guess until a fix is available. Surprised they didn't test the update before releasing. Disappointing as the RV is only two weeks old.
Bev& Keith
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
2 REPLIES 2

RandMcSam
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that there was an issue with your update. We absolutely thoroughly test every update before it is sent out to our users. I would like to help resolve this issue for you. Can you give me step-by-step instructions as to what you did to update the card? Also, can you confirm the serial number that shows on the Rand McNally Docking software when insert the SD card into your computer?

Thanks,

Rand McSam
Rand McNally

Cat_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking rv...congratulations!

Cat Lady
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.