cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recall on airbag issue

wayne123456
Explorer
Explorer
I recently had a sensor replaced on the passenger side of my 2009 Chevy 2500 Duramax. Several things have occurred since that install.
I. both front door speakers went.
2. my backup sensor does not work as effectively.
3. all my wheel sensors are not accurate to the actual pressures in the tires.
4. my door locks are not unlocking when the trans. is put in park.
Has anyone else who has had this recall sensor installed had any issues. I have mentioned to the dealer these events that are happening and they don't have an answer. All those who have had the replacement haven't complained, so I'm told.
Just checking.
Thanks Wayne
3 REPLIES 3

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tire pressure sensors are available in the aftermarket for much less.
They would have disconnected the battery when working on your truck. See your owners manual for resetting your door lock preferences.
The back up sensors may just need cleaning.
Puma 30RKSS

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
I just had it replaced on my 2007 Chevy and have had no other issues. Got tired of replacing tire sensors that warning comes on but I just ignore it.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I had the recall about 3 months ago on our '08 2500, no issues.
All 4 speakers died at least 3 years ago. Same with our 1500.

Currently, all 4 tire sensors error when the temperatures drop. They are about 9 years old so the batteries are getting weak. Will need to replace them with the next set of tires. Not cheap.

Haven't had the other issues you're having.

My assessment is GM's speakers were junk before they were installed. I started having problems with both our vehicles withing 2 years of purchase. Have replaced all with $25 set from walmart (Sony I think) that sound great and are lasting. Much better than OEM.

For us, neither of these issues were caused by the airbag recall.
Joe and Evelyn