cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refridge - Nothing at the on off panel

West_Beachhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Just checking the rig for the season. Re-fridge will not turn on either electric or gas.Power to the source not a problem. The electric hooked up to TT, AC working, all electric outlets working, No ammonia smell, no mice in re-fridge components area, when trying to turn on even the light in the fridge does not come on? Suggestions for me to look at?

Thank you,

West Beachhouse
6 REPLIES 6

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
IF Dometic, I would check the Flue Temp tstat. ALL 12 volt power to a Dometic goes thru that overheat disc. Norcold 1200/1210 are the only Norcolds that have the recall box. Doug

jetcare
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
Run a strong magnet over the POS NoCold recall box with the red light on. If you get the light to go out you should have power.

How did you come to the conclusion the OP had a Norcold 1200/1210 series refrigerator?

The OP appears to have lost 12VDC power and should start with the simple stuff like testing for 12VDC at the terminal block at the back of the refrigerator.

Telling the OP to run a magnet over a box she may not have is just confusing.

If the OP would tell us the Year, Make and Model of the refrigerator we can further assist with troubleshooting. Having the Year, Make and Model of your RV in your signature line is also helpful for future postings.
2016 F-250 Crewcab 6.2L 4x4
2012 Palomino Sabre 32' Travel Trailer

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
oops double
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Run a strong magnet over the POS NoCold recall box with the red light on. If you get the light to go out you should have power.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Check your 12 volt supply at the fridge board.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
start with the battery your frig needs 12v to run even when on shore power.