Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ignore the barking dogs.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Dunno but now it really IS about nothing.

Brings back the story of someone who runs around in a library shouting...

"Who'd read THAT?"

"What a stupid subject!"

If it were me, there would be only GOOD books on the shelves, like Hustler and Guns n Ammo!"

Do I read cookbooks like "Cooking With Curry? Do I comment on them? When something does not interest me I do not waste one millisecond wasting my time commenting about my disinterest (DUMB) I move on. Comments can be MOST revealing about a persons character.......ahem.....

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
So this is going to be another 15-pages topic about nothing?
I can only add to animal collision. I did hit a deer doing 60 mph with my F450.
Saturday night, 1500 miles from home did not make good feeling, but after inspection , turn out that steel bumper took all the hit and all oil cooler, condenser and radiator were still holding, so did not worry about bumper replacement till I got home.
The deer was kicked out of the road so I could not locate it. Not that I tried hard.

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
Was the antelope doing 40mph, or the van?

I admire a man who apologises readily when he decides he is in the wrong. As Mex says, too many boneheads don't.

It's not only the speed, but the velocity vector and angle... and I never took physics, or stayed in the TT or stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. But I could be wrong, too.

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
SUCCESS IN MARRIAGE IS...

Waking up in the morning and saying to the DW

"Look honey, I don't know what I did wrong but I sure apologize for it"

Maybe I am fortunate to retain high levels of enthusiasm at age 70
OK dear, if you REALLY want that black thing, you can buy it. What's it for again?........

LOL... always mention how that black thing will make her stay in the RV more comfortable.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
MexicoWanderer, I indulged in a bit of unwarranted sniping early on in this thread for which I wish to apologize. It was unnecessary and totally without worth. I guess I just was being an old curmudgeon. I also apologized on the other thread. Sorry.

Add me to the list. Thought it was being sarcastic when in fact was being serious (sigh).

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aren't the 1/4" connectors on top of marine batteries good for 800 amp?

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Chris Bryant wrote:
Color me skeptical, but I think that thing would melt into a puddle after not too much time handling 200 amps. The connections look like 1/4-20 (judging by the .250 quick connect terminals).
Maybe Chinese amps are smaller than American amps.
X2

Found this on another site.
200A high current start relay 12V High Power Automotive Relay YC180-12VDC-A Type Intermittent 4.8W
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

OK dear, if you REALLY want that black thing, you can buy it. What's it for again?........
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Was the antelope doing 40mph, or the van?

I admire a man who apologises readily when he decides he is in the wrong. As Mex says, too many boneheads don't.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
You are absolutely entitled to growl and snap....

No need for growling... I just ordered 2 of them and will put 'em to the test to see how they perform.
I have plenty of good uses for high current relays ๐Ÿ™‚
-Mark
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
You are absolutely entitled to growl and snap. None of us I think can avoid getting grouchy. Too much physical pain and jabs to the frustration bin dealing with other more important issues that leave us ummmsome-thing-or-other "offed" and at my age chips are easily carried on the shoulder for too long afterwards. I took no offense but I will truly accept an apology because you felt one was warranted. There are some knotheads on the face of the earth who would not surrender an apology even if they later realized they were wrong and lay on their deathbed. Woe to them via my sarcasm. They made the top floorof the retinue for my speed-bag grade sarcasm. You of course are just the opposite - a gentleman.

Some of us do our own work and a heavy duty relay for that price I felt should be shared with everyone.