cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remove drainage valve?

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
How do I remove this fresh water drainage valve to install a new one. I do not understand how to remove the metal band holding it in place, as I do not see how to loosen it.

Note: I had to add the image as a link as the picture would not display as embedded image.
Valve Image

thank you,
Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie
6 REPLIES 6

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
Just buy a cheap pex cutter. You will need it again down the road anyway. Then just replace it with a quick connect PEX valve that requires no tools.

Click here for valve
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

lane_hog
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's PEX pipe -- my preference is the copper crimped connector used in residential PEX work, but flare-it's do work as well. Not sure that a hose clamp is going to be able to make a difference on semi-rigid pipe.
  • 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Or use a small stainless hose clamp.

Dusty

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
That style clamp can be popped off with a screwdriver- the band overlaps itself and is held by nubs sticking up, or just cut that loop with dykes.
You can buy the tool to replace, or replace with a shark bite or flairit valve. Google Oetiker clamps for more info.
-- Chris Bryant

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
That is a 1 time clamp.....use a side cutters to cut it off, then get a new flair-it valve w/ clamps on the valve no tools
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Hacksaw. Or cut the tube shorter.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er