cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replacing decals on all 4 sides of trailer

girlsma
Explorer
Explorer
I am told by Forest River that I can not get any replacement decals for my 2008 Shamrock 183. Only 2010 to the present is available. I don't know why they would be like that when many people have older models and that's when you really need new decals.Does anyone know any other place that might carry them?
Marianne
15 REPLIES 15

girlsma
Explorer
Explorer
Forest River told me the 2010 decals would not fit. I am going to remove them in the spring and hope for the best. We do have a powerwasher so that should help. Thank you all for the advice!
Marianne

dclark1946
Explorer
Explorer
We had problems with our 2007 KZ Spree decals cracking several years ago. Based on what I had read on this forum, I took head on photos of all 4 sides and found a graphic sign shop that would make new matching decals. We got to pick the material so we picked the highest quality. The sign company removed and installed the new graphics.
Dick & Karen
Richardson,TX
2017 KZ Spree 263RKS
09 F250 V10

greenrvgreen
Explorer
Explorer
Stupid question, but on wood-sided RVs with the thin clear fiberglass laminate, is it common to find the decals ABOVE the fiberglass? I always assumed they were underneath the clear layer, but I guess it's cheaper and easier to slap them on top.

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Why not put the 2010 graphics that are available on it? How about the 2016 graphics? Give it a face lift!

The manufacturer can only stock so much stuff. After a few years the old stock goes to auction.

Probably because there will be ghosting where the old graphics were.
Real pain to polish out. I replaced almost all of mine a couple of years ago.
2007 Duramax, Cognito 7"-9" Lift,

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Why not put the 2010 graphics that are available on it? How about the 2016 graphics? Give it a face lift!

The manufacturer can only stock so much stuff. After a few years the old stock goes to auction.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

theczar
Explorer
Explorer
won't help you here, but we ordered our new trailer without graphics so we don't encounter this problem again.

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
KEG Graphics
2007 Duramax, Cognito 7"-9" Lift,

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
My decals are shot on all sides and I'm thinking of painting them after I remove the old. I have have some serious fading going on under them so why not just paint them.

Since I have the outlines of the old decals I was thinking of using some pinstripe tape to use as borders before painting but all the pinstripe tape I see is very thin making it difficult to keep over spray off the campers sides.

Blue painters tape is useless, won't bend.

Lastly, what rattle can spray would you recommend? Semi-gloss?

Thanks

Ron W
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm with the bear II on this. I removed ours and the only way they would ever go back on under our ownership would be painted. The decals didn't hold up the first time so I sure don't want them the second time.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I would check into having graphics painted on

Or remove the decals and leave it blank...that's what we did

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I would check into having graphics painted on

Or remove the decals and leave it blank...that's what we did

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Take detailed pictures and an outfit like this can custom make decals for you...This way you can remove the old ones and match up the "fade spots" with the new ones...

It will cost you, and they are a challenge to apply without wrinkles and bubbles if you have never done it

There are lots of outfits out there that do this (google "RV decals, graphics, wraps, etc.)...

>>>>LINK...Here is just one
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Check eBay. There are a number of different RV model replacement decals offered there. Yours may or may not be. Have no idea about quality.

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
Just paint it.