cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Comfort zc zone 2 heat gone

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I have a RV Comfort.zc 8330B331 3 zone thermostat. 3 ACs, Zone 1 and 2 are heatpumps, Zone 1 and 2 are separate gas furnaces.

I've lost Zone 2 electric and gas furnace (nothing shows except the zone number and temp), but I still have Zone 2 AC. I tried the fuse pull for 15 minutes and restart, but did not fix it.

Any thoughts? - if I lost both AC and heat pump I would understand the AC being a problem, but its weird to still have AC, but no heat pump or furnace.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Mile High wrote:
forumcoach wrote:
I would try to program the thermostat first.
Turn the thermostat off.
Hold down the up and down button together for about 5 seconds until words are on the screen.
Go to zone 1.
Mode through the different settings for the Zone.
Switch to Zone 2 and mode through the different setting options.
Switch to zone 3 and mode to correct setting.
Once all three zones are set turn the switch to heat or cool and then back off.
This will exit programming mode and save your settings.
I believe Coleman asks you to remove the tstat cover for this procedure, but I do not recall having to do that for any of them I have run into.
That did the trick, Perfect! Thank You!
I actually was able to program zone 3 for a heat pump, which I didn't have before. not sure if it has a heat pump, but that would be cool if it did!

You can program both RVP ZC and Dometic CCC for a Heat Pump if the Roof unit is NOT an HP. WHY would you want this to display HP if it is NOT one? Go on top and get the Model number of the one you programmed for the HP and I can tell you if it IS an HP. The usual reason to have a 3rd unit as an AC instead of an HP when the other 2 are HP's has to do with the AUX Heat(Furnace/Aquahot) supplemental Heating system when it is too cold for an HP. Doug

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
forumcoach wrote:
Turn the thermostat off.
Hold down the up and down button together for about 5 seconds until words are on the screen.
Go to zone 1.
I believe Coleman asks you to remove the tstat cover for this procedure, but I do not recall having to do that for any of them I have run into.
That did the trick, Perfect! Thank You!
I actually was able to program zone 3 for a heat pump, which I didn't have before. not sure if it has a heat pump, but that would be cool if it did!
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

forumcoach
Explorer
Explorer
Turn the thermostat off.
Go to zone 1.