cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV inside Temperature and Refrigerator temperature

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
My Norcold appears to pass the test on the door gaskets, but it does seem it is somewhat affected by the temperature inside the RV too. Would this be normal?

On Edit: Norcold 1200 in a 2003 Newmar Dutch Star
21 REPLIES 21

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
RV builders tend to not put enough insulation around the fridge enclosure. In my case, I added almost an entire roll of unfaced insulation to the space between the fridge and the surrounding cavity. Every bit helps with an Amish fridge.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
kmb1966 wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:
Absolutely. You didn't say what your year/make/model was of the RV or Norcold (or I didn't go digging for it?), but my DC0061 definitely works harder when the coach's interior ambient temp is higher.
I see it's a DSDP. Assume it's not a 7 cuft Norcold? :B

I should have put that info on my post. I will edit the post and update that info. It's a Norcold 1200 in a 2003 Newmar Dutch Star

No worries. I just got off my lazy butt and did a little profile digging. :W
My "absolutely" still stands. Hot inside coach, fridge works harder to maintain temps.

In propane mode I can only reach about 39 degrees with approx 80 degrees inside the coach (testing cooling unit)
In electric mode I can only reach about 38 degrees, but if the inside temp is around 90 degrees, can only get to approx 40 degrees in electric 42 in propane.
It's in storage doing this test and I can't run the generator or have a hookup so it's really warm inside the unit, but trying to determine if the frig is working right.
I probably need to get it out and plug it in a 50 amp where I can test with normal inside livable temps.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
kmb1966 wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:
Absolutely. You didn't say what your year/make/model was of the RV or Norcold (or I didn't go digging for it?), but my DC0061 definitely works harder when the coach's interior ambient temp is higher.

I should have put that info on my post. I will edit the post and update that info. It's a Norcold 1200 in a 2003 Newmar Dutch Star

No worries. I just got off my lazy butt and did a little profile digging. :W
My "absolutely" still stands. Hot inside coach, fridge works harder to maintain temps.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
YES......hotter the inside of RV is the longer it will take fridge to effective cool down just due to the radiant heat on outside of fridge door/cabinet area

And when you open the fridge door ALL that HOT inside air will replace the COLD inside air in fridge...making it have to struggle to cool down AGAIN
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. I think a little.
Jerry Parr
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350