cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

short in overhead lights, porch light & a.c.

tntluke
Explorer
Explorer
When I flip a light switch it is causing another light to go out and I try to turn on another light and the a.c. goes off. DC fuses check out ok. Battery is new.
7 REPLIES 7

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Wire nuts are a source of a lot of electrical problems. Might check the wire nuts in the problem wiring circuit.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
When strange things happen to multiple devices like that, I always first suspect a bad ground somewhere.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would suspect a bad ground connection, common to all the circuits in question. Finding the ground...that could be a challenge. Maybe the maker can supply you with a wiring diagram if you're fortunate.

MrWizard
normally what is called a 'short circuit' means a power path to ground and blown fuses

turning on a light and having the A/C shut off means a 'Voltage' problem on the circuit feeding the thermostat
could be the TS control power is coming off the same circuit as that light switch

how long have you had this RV, is this a NEW problem
check the batteries and the converter for loose or dirty connections

a recent purchase, that the previous owner updated with a newer A/C and TS
then something might be connected WRONG
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Time for the digital multi-meter...

westend
Explorer
Explorer
You have a wiring issue. If I was to guess, one light switch is interrupting power from the thermostat. A further guess would be that some of the lights are interrupted by switches using the (-) phase of the 12 V wiring instead of the correct phasing, using the (+) phase.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Moved from Forum Technical Support