cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slide power

s79vette
Explorer
Explorer
Used MH for the last time yesterday and neither slide will move. Kinda put a damper on wk/end as we were 80 miles from home and it was raining.the HI AMP breaker was not tripped,the seat switch although never needed in the past to move slides appeared to be in correct position. I can not find a fuse to power slide buttons, there has to be some control power to energize the solenoid. the only fuse that may be related to slide system is good. any ideas?
2003 Gulfstream Ultra Supreme Ford V10 2004 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
Online with Inspiron
A member of

http://www.gsowners.com

8 REPLIES 8

s79vette
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm yes that's our town and Blue Lake Fine Arts camp is a great place and
RJsfishin to make mine more difficult there are 2 solenoids involved and both work with the jacks key off,seat anyplace,in gear,no emerg. brake. it's just the 2 buttons for the slides are not functioning. gonna pull switches and see if I can trace wiring or maybe figure out the hot lead. the 2 solenoids work with the jacks and only turn on the pump one for down and one for up and for slides out and in. the fluid solenoids are mounted on the pump frame.
Online with Inspiron
A member of

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
My HWH slide/jack system was good at intermittently not working, and for no reason......IMO

So w/ help from someone here, I installed a pushbutton switch on the dash, which grounds the pump sillynoid, which in turn bypasses all the safety devices in the system. Now whenever the pump doesn't operate, I just hold the pushbutton and everything operates normally.

Maybe this could work for you.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just noticed your home is in Twin Lake, MI.. IS that over north of Muskegon, Not far from Crystal lake.. Home of Blue Lake Fine Arts camp.

My daughter spent a few weeks there.. Ended up going to Europe with the symphonic band.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

s79vette
Explorer
Explorer
It's an Equalizer jack and pump system and pump works good. The control buttons are not telling solenoid to fire as if there is no 12vdc at switch and can't find a fuse marked "slides" and there are no Hi Amp breakers open. will try emerg. brake to see if that works, never had to use it in the past and I've owned MH since new.
Online with Inspiron
A member of

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
If the batteries are not fully charged or not in good shape, they could be your problem. As an experiment, start the generator, let it run for a few minutes and see what happens while it's running. At startup, a large charge / amperage should be going to the batteries and also available to the slide motors. If the slides now work, either the batteries aren't charged (or holding a charge) or try cleaning the connections because you're not getting enough power to the slide motors.

Bill

Our slide motor (hydraulic) works from the chassis battery. The generator won't make any difference. Manual says engine should be running.

What make or type of slide? Electric? Hydraulic? HWH?

You may have a fuse gone, open winding on the hydraulic pump motor (happened to us) etc etc.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the batteries are not fully charged or not in good shape, they could be your problem. As an experiment, start the generator, let it run for a few minutes and see what happens while it's running. At startup, a large charge / amperage should be going to the batteries and also available to the slide motors. If the slides now work, either the batteries aren't charged (or holding a charge) or try cleaning the connections because you're not getting enough power to the slide motors.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Brodie3Az
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Gulfstream Ultra Supreme - from Profile

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
Most slides need to have the gear shift in park and the emergency brake set, did you have these set? Some even need the engine running. Might give that a try. What brand slide do you have?
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD