Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide room

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
I just purchased a 2016 Evergreen I Go 236RB . I like the trailer but I'm a little worried about the slide operation. It squeaks and last night when I slid it in it appeared to bind and stop. I had to move it out a little and then pull it back in.
The person at the dealer where I bought it said during our walk through that the slider was very reliable and had a processor or a brain which gave me pause. My question is is there any maintenance that I can do to the slider that may not have been done? I have all the paperwork for the trailer and there is no mention of any maintenance to do to the slider. It is manufactured by Lippert. I would have to pull the underbelly to get to the mechanism. Supposedly there is a way to run the slider in manually but I don't see any info on that either. Thanks for reading.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)
6 REPLIES 6

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
bighatnohorse wrote:
I've consolidated several links to Schwintek informative articles on the eaglecapowners.com website.
There could be more current information elsewhere but this might save you some time: https://www.eaglecapowners.com/owners/forumdisplay.php?fid=49

Thank you very much.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've consolidated several links to Schwintek informative articles on the eaglecapowners.com website.
There could be more current information elsewhere but this might save you some time: https://www.eaglecapowners.com/owners/forumdisplay.php?fid=49
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
bighatnohorse wrote:
The slide mechanism is probably a Schwintek by Lippert.
Did you buy it used? Is it under warranty?

A properly working Schwintek slide mechanism is very reliable.
However, "binding" is a very bad symptom of a part failure. (This could easily exceed $1000 to repair.)
Lubing it might help for a short interval. And the dealer will tell you to "re-sync" the motors.

(Re-syncing motors is a simple process of fully extending the slide and then retracting it a few inches and then fully extending it - repeated three times.)
Hopefully, that's all it needs.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that. Right now it is working but I don't think that it's working right. I bought it used, no warranty, manufacturer out of business.
I wonder if Lippert would know what model slide it is and if they could provide a maintenance and/or parts manual. I'll contact them to find out.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
The slide mechanism is probably a Schwintek by Lippert.
Did you buy it used? Is it under warranty?

A properly working Schwintek slide mechanism is very reliable.
However, "binding" is a very bad symptom of a part failure. (This could easily exceed $1000 to repair.)
Lubing it might help for a short interval. And the dealer will tell you to "re-sync" the motors.

(Re-syncing motors is a simple process of fully extending the slide and then retracting it a few inches and then fully extending it - repeated three times.) Hopefully, that's all it needs.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Start by lubing the weatherstrips with silicone spray or the suitable spray of your choice. Don't forget the upper one. I often spray the sides of the slide outs as well when they are extended.
Hopefully that clears it up.
Puma 30RKSS

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a warranty I would take it back to the dealer for service. The slide mechanisms can be adjusted.