jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll start looking for it....just in case

Thanks

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Mine slide control box is under the refrigerator behind the heater intake grill. I found it by tracing the wires from the slide motor as they go to the box directly.

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
Put this into a search engine and you will get links to slideout controller examples:

140-1163

This is the part number for one controller. My search engine brought up links to other controllers, too.
2009 Fleetwood Icon

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
What do these relays look like (for future reference)?

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some electric slides use a relay and/or controller, and some don't. Those that don't have a relay use a polarity-reversing switch wired directly to the the slide motor. In a trailer, the system "might" use a relay and/or controller. In a motorhome, it "probably" does. If you're able to see the back of the slideout switch, that will give a clue. If it's a double pole switch with 4 or 6 lugs, it's likely a polarity reversing switch wired directly to the motor. Short of just figuring it out, the OP is doing the right thing asking for somebody who knows with the exact model rig.
2009 Fleetwood Icon

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
wa8yxm wrote:
ScottG wrote:
If a rack and pinion system, they dont usually have them. The switch carries the entire load.
Do you by chance need a switch?

Gee that's not how mine work.

I have the Power Gear Rack and Pinion.. and the manual. What I did not have till recently is the location of the QWE#$ P@_(*#OU${@# Controller (That's called a ding bat and is the printer's equivlent of the Broadcasters BEEEEEP out of bad language).

The switch tells the controller what it wants to do the controller monitors current to tell the motor when to stop.

IN my case .. Well I won't tell you as they put it in a stupid spot. I'd have put it near the motor. they put it over 10 feet away

How I found it

I got a Cable Tracker from Harbor Freight
Cut the lead to the motor and hooked up the transmitter

Beep beep beep got to a "Y" in the bundle and followed the wrong branch NO BEEP. went back and followed the other branch BEEP BEEP and 2 or 3 Y's later there was the controller board WOW.

Some are clearly different but many, including the last two RV's I've owned, just used the switches with no controller or relays involved.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
ScottG wrote:
If a rack and pinion system, they dont usually have them. The switch carries the entire load.

Gee that's not how mine work.

I have the Power Gear Rack and Pinion.. and the manual. What I did not have till recently is the location of the QWE#$ P@_(*#OU${@# Controller (That's called a ding bat and is the printer's equivlent of the Broadcasters BEEEEEP out of bad language).

The switch tells the controller what it wants to do the controller monitors current to tell the motor when to stop.

IN my case .. Well I won't tell you as they put it in a stupid spot. I'd have put it near the motor. they put it over 10 feet away

How I found it

I got a Cable Tracker from Harbor Freight
Cut the lead to the motor and hooked up the transmitter

Beep beep beep got to a "Y" in the bundle and followed the wrong branch NO BEEP. went back and followed the other branch BEEP BEEP and 2 or 3 Y's later there was the controller board WOW.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Check near the battery, mine are in the front basement compartment, battery is on the other side of the wall. Just replaced one when slide would start and stop. They are normally auto resetting but yours could be manual reset.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Ctrueit
Explorer
Explorer
Electric slides, must have relays or a controller , as wiring at switches is to light to carry the load which means there has to be relays or a controller

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Electric slides or hydraulic?

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't know on your unit, but I had one in a storage bay, behind a panel at the rear, maybe 6" tall by 12" long. Two relays (one slide out.) Had to look for it.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad