cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small bubble in laminate side

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
I'm posting on behalf of some good friends. They have a brand new 5w purchased this spring. Well yesterday while waxing our trailers, he pointed out a small 1/2 x 1/2 " bubble in his laminate sidewall. It reminds me of what a screw popping on drywall would look like, and it has cracked the laminate as well. Any ideas what may cause this? I'm certain now that there is intrusion, it will only get worse. What would be an acceptable fix to resolve this, it is under warranty. I would hate to see a bandaid repair done, only to lead to larger problems down the road. We are camping this weekend but they will take it in Monday, any opinions what they should insist is done? Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
If it is covered under warranty then really you should not have to insist on anything other than a perfect repair.

However.. If the dealer says it will not become anything more than a bubble then insist that this is noted in your file. Keep a copy for yourself. This way you have proof that the issue was brought up already. Things always happen after the warranty expires. Having proof that the bubble was there before the warranty expired and you asked for a repair will make the issue once again a warranty claim.