cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Only a small volume of water comes out of the faucet

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
I'm working my way through the systems in a new to me MH. I'm only getting a very small amount of water out of the faucet and if I open another one no water. I can hear the pump running.

This is a Fleetwood American Dream. where the heck is the pump?
14 REPLIES 14

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
Problem was the bypass valve was left open by the RV dealer when he filled the tank

6dot6
Explorer
Explorer
I had same problem with my water. wasn't actually the screen per se but the "go green" plastic piece they put in there for water conservation. I yanked them out of every faucet I could.
2010 gmc cc dually twins, nozzles and trans. 12.6 @ 108 so far.
2013 coleman 297re

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
wny_pat wrote:
GlennLever wrote:

Glenn,
I suggest checking on the Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum at irv2.com. Am sure that someone there can help you out. Also you could call Fleetwood at (800) 322-8216. And you might want to do a change of ownership with Fleetwood at http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/owners/changeOwner.asp. All kinds of good info on their web page, including a section to download manuals.

Thanks you all very good suggestions, I have the owners manual, it talks about how to run thing , filll and drain, connection to shore water, but does not give the location of the pump..

I will try the links you provided, thanks

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
Golden_HVAC wrote:
Hi,

Check out the strainer on the fauscet Remove the screen, and try it out. If you are now getting full flow, then the screen is probably clogged. Clean it out, and everything should be fine. You will probably need to clean out all the fauscet screens.

You should also check the strainers on the pump, and perhaps the shore fresh water inlet. Any of them might also be clogged. If the RV is less than a year old, you might ask the dealer if they will clean them for "Free" - however even if labor is free, it might cost you 20 gallons of fuel to take it in and go get it again. It would only take a few minutes to clean each of the straingers, much easier to do it yourself, unless the dealer is a mile or so away from where the RV is, or you have to go there anyway.

Fred.

MH is a 1997 Fleetwood Dream purchased in AZ I'm in Rochester, New your, that would be a 3,000 mile trip.

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
wny_pat wrote:
PapPappy wrote:
My guess would be that the pump is by the water tank, which may be under the rear bed. Where is the water tank fill? It should be pretty close to that.
Its a Fleetwood American Dream Diesel Pusher. The engine is under the bed!!! The street water connections would be in the utility bay, and I am sure it is very complicated.

You hit the nail on the head, DP, fills in the utility bay

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
Atlee wrote:
One other thing to check. It shouldn't be a problem for you since your rig is new, but you never know.

My new to me 2012 Koala has a strainer in the line next to the intake on the water pump. It was completely clogged. Once we cleaned it out, we had running water.

GlennLever wrote:
I'm working my way through the systems in a new to me MH. I'm only getting a very small amount of water out of the faucet and if I open another one no water. I can hear the pump running.

I have to find the pump first, will look today

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
jbbrick wrote:
Check the valves at the water inlet setup, you may have it switched to "fill" or "city water" instead of the pump setting. Sounds like it's just trying to prime itself and can't do it because of the valve position. Don't have one of those RVs so I can't be specific. I'm assuming there is water in the fresh tank? If it was only one faucet I'd say the aerator is plugged but you say it also doesn't come out of another faucet.

I'll check the settings and get back, tried two faucets and the shower

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I'll go with the people who said clean the faucet screens. That is going to be your solution, if I had to bet. They seem to be much more trouble prone in an RV than in a house. I suspect scale from the water heater causes most of it.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

Check out the strainer on the fauscet Remove the screen, and try it out. If you are now getting full flow, then the screen is probably clogged. Clean it out, and everything should be fine. You will probably need to clean out all the fauscet screens.

You should also check the strainers on the pump, and perhaps the shore fresh water inlet. Any of them might also be clogged. If the RV is less than a year old, you might ask the dealer if they will clean them for "Free" - however even if labor is free, it might cost you 20 gallons of fuel to take it in and go get it again. It would only take a few minutes to clean each of the straingers, much easier to do it yourself, unless the dealer is a mile or so away from where the RV is, or you have to go there anyway.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
GlennLever wrote:

Glenn,
I suggest checking on the Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum at irv2.com. Am sure that someone there can help you out. Also you could call Fleetwood at (800) 322-8216. And you might want to do a change of ownership with Fleetwood at http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/owners/changeOwner.asp. All kinds of good info on their web page, including a section to download manuals.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
PapPappy wrote:
My guess would be that the pump is by the water tank, which may be under the rear bed. Where is the water tank fill? It should be pretty close to that.
Its a Fleetwood American Dream Diesel Pusher. The engine is under the bed!!! The street water connections would be in the utility bay, and I am sure it is very complicated.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer

I also would check the little screen on the faucets.
Though the fact that you are not getting anything, sounds more like the pump is not getting primed. Pump should run for a few seconds (with all the faucets closed) and then shut-off. If it's continuing to run, it's not pumping water, or building pressure.

Are there any drains open under the RV? If it was winterized, and they left those open, that would be where your water is going:(

Good luck:)
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
One other thing to check. It shouldn't be a problem for you since your rig is new, but you never know.

My new to me 2012 Koala has a strainer in the line next to the intake on the water pump. It was completely clogged. Once we cleaned it out, we had running water.

GlennLever wrote:

Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

jbbrick
Explorer
Explorer
Check the valves at the water inlet setup, you may have it switched to "fill" or "city water" instead of the pump setting. Sounds like it's just trying to prime itself and can't do it because of the valve position. Don't have one of those RVs so I can't be specific. I'm assuming there is water in the fresh tank? If it was only one faucet I'd say the aerator is plugged but you say it also doesn't come out of another faucet.
'06 Itasca Suncruiser 33'
2016 Ford Edge toad