cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft spot in floor

Katdaddy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Recently I have noticed a soft spot in the camper floor in front of the oven. I have read where these foam core floors have a tendency to get weak over time or it could be water damage. Either way something needs to be done before it gets any worse. I have watched numerous youtube videos where people have gone in and repaired the floors themselves. Looks doable with one question. All of the videos I have seen show campers without slides. I have a slide that covers one wall for most of the length of the room. Has anyone attempted a floor repair on a camper with a slide?
Camper is a 2005 Trail Cruiser TC526RL. As always, thanks for your help.
Little by little, one travels far - J.R.R. Tolkien
There ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. - Mark Twain
4 REPLIES 4

Katdaddy
Explorer II
Explorer II
trailerbikecamper wrote:
How you fix it depends on your exact situation. Both times I have seen the repairs made they were done differently. Once by taking up the floor inside and once by repairing from underneath.

Both are fifth wheels with slides.

I can't come at it from underneath, it is on top of fresh water tank. The videos that I have been watching came from on top and I have picked up some good ideas from them. My concern is getting to the frame to have something to rest the repair on. I measured this afternoon and it looks like I only have to get under the slide by one or two inches. That gives me encouragement.
Little by little, one travels far - J.R.R. Tolkien
There ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. - Mark Twain

trailerbikecamp
Explorer
Explorer
How you fix it depends on your exact situation. Both times I have seen the repairs made they were done differently. Once by taking up the floor inside and once by repairing from underneath.

Both are fifth wheels with slides.
Dan

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've repaired the floor in a bedroom slide, and it wasn't too bad, not fun but doable. And I've repaired the floor in the beavertail of our toyhauler and it wasn't too bad. But it would seem to me that working on an area that is under a slide would be more difficult.

From my experience you'd best get after it as soon as possible, it won't get better.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have done both....repaired the main floor from a water leak and also replaced the floor in the slide sue to a water leak.