cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solar compatiability ?

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
I have a line on a couple panels from a local guy and while I think they will work with the system I have I thought I would ask you guys just to make sure.

I have 2 of these 100 watt panels from windy nation along with this 30A PWM controller

We haven't discussed price yet put I think I can get a good deal on 2 of these 85 watt Kyocera panelsThe panels came off a relay station so they have been used, not sure how old or how long they were in service.

Am I right in that they will work fine with my system? What would you guys pay per panel for these?

Thanks Jim S.
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.
4 REPLIES 4

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Good to go. I would offer 50 cents per watt for used.

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
$40 each, max.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 30 amp controller you have will handle that 370w (four panels in parallel) and leave the necessary 20% margin for when getting more amps than rated at times.

130w does 8.2a so "expected amps" at STC is 370/130 x 8.2 = 23.3a

20% margin = 4.7a + 23.3a = 28a so that works.

No idea on pricing for the used panels.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
If all the panels are around the same output voltage, you will be fine.

WHat I did is hook up my pair of 45 watt panels and 75 watt panel to one #10 gauge wire going to the controller, and the new pair of 120 watt panels to another #10 wire going to the panels. This way if there is a slight difference in the voltage output, it all comes together at the controller. I have a SB 50 amp controller that is MPPT.

So if one is say 21.2 open circuit and the other is within 1/2 volt of that, you will be fine.

If one set of panels is say 21.2 volts, and the other is say 42.0 volts, then a separate controller on each voltage panels is required, but still both can be hooked up to the same batteries.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com