cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sometimes you just have too laugh!!!!!!!!

Sgeorge
Explorer
Explorer
Before we leave on trips I always check all of our appliances to make sure they are working properly, last month while getting the trailer ready for our last summer trip I lit the fridge and put the thermometer in it to check the temp. Next day I checked and it was 45 I thought it was due to a very hot day and turned the adjustment all the way to the coldest setting. Checked the next day, still 45,******I have a problem. I called my local service store and they got me right in.
Hereโ€™s the part where you have to laugh โ€“ turns out my thermometer had gone bad. It was reading 10 -12 degrees too warm. It cost me $100.00 fridge check fee plus $8.00 for a new thermometer. She purred along for two weeks right at 34 degrees.
One must laugh at life sometimes.
2013 Springdale 232SRT
2016 F250 XLT, 6.2, 4.30.
5 REPLIES 5

100ton
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
I had a full size upright deep freeze quit working once. It was probably 12 years old. I figured that paying to repair one that old was senseless, so I bought a new one and had the old one hauled off.

The new one wouldn't work either, until I replaced the GFCI outlet it was plugged into.

:S Sounds like something I would do.
'05 Ford F250 Crew Cab, PSD, 4X4, Short Bed, Camper & Tow Package, Limited Slip Differential
'05 CrossRoads, Cruiser 29RK
PullRite 16K SuperGlide

100ton
Explorer
Explorer
Been there. I have wireless remote thermometer that monitors inside and outside temps. I use the inside portion in the 5th wheel and I use the outside thermometer (remote/wireless) in the refrigerator. Temps in the fridge were running between 10 to 15 degrees too high.

Went through all the hoops to correct the situation. Adjusted thermister, check for blockage, checked connections, checked fan(s), switched to propane, and etc. You know the routine.
No success.

Finally it hit me.....the food really doesn't "feel" that warm, maybe I'll get lucky, perhaps it's the thermometer. Took the remote module out of the fridge and replaced it with base unit. Bingo. All is good. Now it's a little "warmer" in the 5th wheel. :S

The good news is I didn't get around to spending any money on the fix.

Hopefully this will save someone else some hassle.

Robert
Huntington Beach, California
'05 Ford F250 Crew Cab, PSD, 4X4, Short Bed, Camper & Tow Package, Limited Slip Differential
'05 CrossRoads, Cruiser 29RK
PullRite 16K SuperGlide

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a full size upright deep freeze quit working once. It was probably 12 years old. I figured that paying to repair one that old was senseless, so I bought a new one and had the old one hauled off.

The new one wouldn't work either, until I replaced the GFCI outlet it was plugged into.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Steve,
See my sig. below...(the red part)
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro