Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Start Capacitors Run Capacitors A Link

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I like this site!

It is not overly technical and the information is correct. If you want to learn a little about this air conditioner related phenomenon then I really encourage you to spend some time here. Kudos to the site!

http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/product_selection.html?p=motor_capacitor_faq
8 REPLIES 8

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
He did. Called them SWATS. (sniff) Myself, I did not engage in such tomfoolery.

Ever see a blond afro?

MrWizard
You guys played dangerous jokes

Our shop class teacher would have put some 2*4 where the Sun doesn't shine, If we did a stunt like that
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Production alternator rebuilding. I used a 1KV high pot setting to test alternator caps. 24 hours later they were required to have had held a charge. We had a worker named "Bill" every so often we would hear SNAP followed by curses and tumbling slip ring end housings. But it doesn't beat the high school metal shop prank of filling the huge concrete sink tub with acetylene gas then wait for some poor victim to come racing holding a red hot piece of steel with a set of tongs.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Oh those are those thingys that we used to charge up and leave laying around for people to touch!! You mean they use them in ac units? ๐Ÿ™‚

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Mex,

Very nice. Thanks!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like the linked webpage. The info is good, but it's missing what I found on another site. It discussed what happens when the capacitor value (MFD) is Lower or Higher than the MFD specified by the motor manufacturer. If a fan calls for 7.5 but I can't find one, I can run the motor with 5 or 10, but not without long term consequences.

Better that Honda have mud on its face than break a leg and have to be shot.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I balked and resisted. Oh god did I try. I failed... excuse me in advance...

When the AC trips the Honda, does the Honda end up sprawled flat on it's face?

The Honda may have an overheating issue? Blow a strong fan airflow across the generator and see if it makes any difference at all.

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still foggy on run capacitors. My A/C starts fine and then trips my Honda after about five minutes. Is this something's that could help?
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.