cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stay A While

wd
Explorer
Explorer
I have this propane tank adapter. Has anyone had to replace the O-ring on the fitting that screws into the portable propane tank? I called Camping World but they only sell the unit and don't know the size or where I can get one. Any ideas? Thx

Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.

6 REPLIES 6

DennisG9
Explorer
Explorer
WD,

Your safty plug has a spare on it. Safety plug is to keep dirt and spyfers out of the valve. Just trade them until you find the propper replacement.

wd
Explorer
Explorer
I live in San Diego and there probably is a dealer that may have one, just thought someone may have bought one by a part#. I measured it and it seems to be a -007. Thanks for the replies

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Bill, I don't know where in So Cal you live but odds are there is a real full service propane dealer near you. They carry the 'O' rings as does BBQ's Galore and Harbor Freight has a kit with a bunch of different sizes.

If you're near Glendale/Burbank on the S/W corner of San Fernando R and the street S/O the 134 FWY is a propane service center, in Pasadena is a Harbor Freight and a BBQ's Galore in Glendale on Central Ave N/O Broadway. Any place else and you're on your own.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

DennisG9
Explorer
Explorer
Took two 100lb tanks into UHaul to get filled. Kid tried but adapter was leaking. He said my valve was bad. I told him try the other tank. Same thing he said I had two bad valves. I looked at his fill adaptor and it had a chunk out of the oring on it. I pulled an oring off one of the plastic plugs on my tank and put it on his adaptor. A miricle happened, both valves healed up instantly!

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
Many hardware stores have a selection of o-rings.

On mine the hose to the external tank started leaking where it screws into the Stay A While.
The sealing surface of the Stay A While got buggered up somehow and I couldn't find the fitting anywhere including the company that sells the Stay A While so I put a small O-ring in it and that has worked great for two or three years.

I know this isn't where your problem is but I thought it might help someone reading this.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
Any automotive parts store has the O ring that you need, Have a few extra in my tool box all the time. Just take the fitting and O ring with you.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.