cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sync EU2000i with PSW inverter?

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt if this can safely be done, but I do know that the EU2000i will sync with any other Honda EU... inverter generator. I have a 650 watt Xantrex that would be just enough boost to start my 15k air conditioner but I don't want to destroy it.

Just curious to know if there is an EE out there that knows or someone else who has tried it.
6 REPLIES 6

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I would make up and install a five AMP fast blow inline fuse between the 2 units if you are bound and determined to gyro gearloose a trial

And a 1/4 amp fast blow in the sensing line

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
If I get a really cheap grid tie inverter, I may well try it with some cheap inverters i have, just to know. Especially if I can find one where the manufacturer tells me it is safe to try.

Jim

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I guess the only way to know if the Xantrex PSW will work with the Honda is to try it. So somebody try and let me know.(kidding)

The Magnums look to all be larger than I would need and expensive. I would just need to boost the 2000 enough to start the air conditioner. I really question if the EU2000i can run the 15k air but I also have a 13.5k, auxiliary unit that I'm sure it would run, once started.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

The new magnum series inverters can do exactly that--be used as a boost unit. There was a thread on them yesterday.

Here is the thread: Magnum Hybrid Inverter
Thank you for the link!! Subscribed and saved!!
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

The new magnum series inverters can do exactly that--be used as a boost unit. There was a thread on them yesterday.

Here is the thread: Magnum Hybrid Inverter
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
I have always wanted to know this, also. The only Inverter Generator I have seen advertise this is Lifan Power USA Inverter Generators. But, only the 1000, 2000, and 2600 watt versions can be linked to another 1000, 2000, or 2600 and produce 90% of the combined wattage.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized