Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Best way to clear grit and sand out of 7 pin plug??

Just got back from the desert -- seriously dusty conditions. I unplugged my trailer and noticed that there is a lot of junk in the 7 pin plug.What's the best way to clean it out? I will try the shop vac and an air compressor, but there is some sand...

96 chevy flair - onan marquis 5000

So my onan marquis 5000 has seen better day's. I'm thinking about replacing it. Does anyone know other generators that fit the existing mount system on a 96 Chevy flair?

ZER0 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Television - 12 volt or 120?

Bought our trailer new back in 2002. We rarely use the TV, that just isn't the type of camping we do.That said, wife wants to upgrade (the TV) to something more modern - mainly with the intention of connecting it to a iOS device and streaming someth...

Generator vs solar power

Our 2018 Jayco Hummingbird is wired for solar power. Should we buy a solar generator or skip the solar, park in the shade and by a gas generator? Will it charge our battery so we can turn it off during "quiet times" and still have power?Which way is ...

NonnaJ by Explorer
  • 82 replies
  • 0 likes

Small PSW Inverter

I need a new light duty PSW inverter. Any comments regarding Bestek? BESTEK 300Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Car Adapter DC 12V to AC 110V with 4.2A Dual Smart USB Portshttps://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-300Watt-Power-Inverter-Adapter/dp/B07KQ4Q2L5/...

Lwiddis by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

SiO2 Battery -UPDATE 5 (Two Batts)

Updates 22 Oct, 8 Nov, 10 Nov (photo), 14 Nov, 15 Dechttp://azimuthsolar.ca/product/12v-100ah-sio2-battery/Mostly PT has given info on these over several posts in several threads, but I have lost track where.What are the main pros and cons for this b...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 114 replies
  • 0 likes

Exercise genny while on shore power?

New to on board generators. Parked for the winter with 50 amp service, and it's time to exercise the genny. Do I have to disconnect first?2006 Bounder, Onan 5500, ATS

J-R by Explorer
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble shooting a furnace?

The butane furnace on an older travel trailer isn't working. The fan blows but I do not hear the auto start clicking. This belongs to my Wife's nephew who is living in the travel trailer. Don't all of the trailers have an auto igniter? Is it easy...

furnace problems

I have an older Hydro Flame furnace in my truck camper that I have a problem with. I did the normal things of cleaning all the nets dead bugs and such out of the system. Got everything cleaned, gas leaks stopped, got the pilot to light(I have the m...

THULE ROOF RACK

Just got a new tow vehicle. I took off my THULE 460 roof rack system to put on my 2018 Ford Explorer. Turns out I need a different mounting platform. I contact Rack Attack which informs me THULE no longer supports my model and sent me to Ebay. I ...

Oasisbob by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help with LEDs and resistance SOLVED

The back light on my 2002 Lance 811 camper has a Intellitec Touch-Lite. This is a just a touch pad on the exterior by the door that when you touch it lights the exterior light for about 30 seconds. It wires in parallel with the wall switch inside (...

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Refridgerator is acting bizarre

We're having an issue with our Dometic fridge and I'm at a loss on what to do. Hoping someone on here has experienced this and can help. Out of the blue the fridge started freezing the food in the fridge not the freezer so we bought a new thermistor....

Ford Option - TPMS and RV Camera

Ford offers this as an option.Are there any issues with TPMS on most new RV's? Specifically will the wheels accept it? Does it require the installation of a repeater? I'm assuming the truck recognizes the trailer TPMS just like the truck tires?It ...

philh by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes