Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic RM3604 LP not re-igniting

Jvand
Explorer II
Explorer II

Hello,

I have an old Lance camper with a Dometic RM3604 refrigerator. I’ve sort of refurbished the refrigerator and got it back up and running on AC and LP, but recently it’s started having an issue where it will not cycle on and off on Gas. It always starts on LP just fine, runs for a few hours, then I’m assuming it kills the gas since it hits the cooling target. When it tries to start back up it fails to ignite and lights up the check gas light. I’m stumped as to what can cause this issue, I’ve read the service manual for this fridge, and there aren’t any hints I can find for this situation. 

I’ve done the following repairs on it:

-new AC heating coil

-new re-igniter module

-new thermocouple

-cleaned orifice, flue, and burner tube

-cleaned/dielectric greased all the connector contacts

-replaced any crimp spade connectors that looked corroded

-verified good input 12V power (measured 13.7V)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jvand
Explorer II
Explorer II

I bought a manometer and measured my LP gas pressure at the refrigerator gas solenoid (it had a test port plug I was able to remove and install the manometer fitting). Turns out my gas pressure was only 10inH20, but the service manual for the Dometic said to not let it drop below 11. 
I had recently installed a new propane regulator in the RV and wasn’t aware that the gas pressure could be adjusted. I fine tuned it with an adjustment screw on the regulator and now my pressure is at 11.5inH20. Fridge ran for 12 hours straight without shutting off, so it looks like it’s fixed!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jvand
Explorer II
Explorer II

I bought a manometer and measured my LP gas pressure at the refrigerator gas solenoid (it had a test port plug I was able to remove and install the manometer fitting). Turns out my gas pressure was only 10inH20, but the service manual for the Dometic said to not let it drop below 11. 
I had recently installed a new propane regulator in the RV and wasn’t aware that the gas pressure could be adjusted. I fine tuned it with an adjustment screw on the regulator and now my pressure is at 11.5inH20. Fridge ran for 12 hours straight without shutting off, so it looks like it’s fixed!