Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tioga propane light blinks green, heater not functioning

Greetings from an Autozone parking lot. I’m Harvey and I bought a nineteen foot 1998 Ford Tioga in pristine condition two weeks ago. In order to best explain the problem in full, I’ll need to start at the beginning. A day after I bought the vehicle t...

Starting engine with dead key fob

I've had a car with "keyless starting" for several years, but only today did I learn a way to start the engine when the key-fob battery goes dead. This is for a Chrysler 300, but it may apply to other makes. The following is from the owner's manual.N...

RoyF by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Electric space heaters

Just curious if anyone has a good safe electric heater to use to heat a 30' fifth wheel overnight? Would like to supplement the propane furnace on colder nights.Thanks,Curly

Curly2001 by Explorer II
  • 62 replies
  • 0 likes

How To Ship Large Repair Parts? Winnebago Wants $200

I need to order 2 large parts for my motorhome: the ladder on the back, and the 8 foot long metal trim piece at the bottom of the rear wall. I found the parts and I wrote/called Winnebago parts department. They told me it will cost about $200 to sh...

Honda Eu3000 Problem

Had an earlier thread started on our problem, but the posts and thread got lengthy, so I thought I would start another for more additional accurate and clear input from folks.Our Honda Eu3000is will start and power our 13,500 air conditioner travel t...

TECMike by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

popping and stopping on landing gear?

2007 Cedar Creek with venture landing gear. It popped ever so often.. as if a gear or gears have sheared off . It will extend but has no power to lift the camper.It broke the shear pin on the long shaft between the two legs.. replaced it and it bro...

Tire Deformation

Hello Folks, I took my F-350 down to the tire shop to have a rotate & balance done. One of the fellows took me to the back & while the Front tire was on the wheel balancer machine spinning around, in a normal motion, I could clearly see a huge "H...

whirlpool washer balance

I just installed a brand new whirlpool stackable washer and dryer. I am happy with the performance of both so far, but the washer literally shakes the entire coach when spinning. Has anyone ever experienced this or know what i can do to maybe balance...

Need batterys.

Had 12 volt duracells DC 24. Served me OK. lasted 6 years. They were january 2014 matched pairs.Cell went dead on neg side batteryI Run 1100 watt inverter and do the coffee maker thing and toaster oven for the kids. I plug camper into inverter basica...

lawrosa by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Air Conditioner does not act right "some times"

Dont know how to explain this but I will try. Some times our main A/C when set to auto works perfectly. Room gets cool , Compressor and fan shuts off till temp rises . Then comes back on when needed to cool room when temp gets over setting. A sit sho...

hbarker by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Wireless thermostat for Dometic LP furnace?

We've grown to love being able to control our home heating system from our bedside. Are standard units compatible with our Dometic furnace, or something there a 12v specific type available. I believe most home units run on 24v. Anyone have info on th...

Teleman by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

USB Charging Device 12v Socket/120v Adapter Tests

Following the other thread on this, I ran some tests that may be of related interest. In the photo the white adapter is a 5v-1A rated with 120v plug in. The other plug in is a 12-24v combo voltmeter/USB with two USBs, one is rated 5v-1A, and the o...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

EMS / Surge Protector

We are in the process of ordering our next home (Grand Design Momentum 397th). We will be getting a Surge protector / Energy management systems. Currently trying to chose between Hughes Voltage booster or their Surge protectors. What do you use/r...