cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Upgrade Dometic Comfort Control Center thermostat

Jerry_B
Explorer
Explorer
My Heating/cooling thermostat is a Dometic 5 button unit P/N 3109228.001 and unfortunately the led display is very small, dim and difficult to read. Dometic has a newer unit(UPC 713814206321)with a larger and brighter display. Anyone have any experience swapping these units out? Chris, perhaps you can comment on this. Thanks.
Jerry B
Mobile Suites 36TK3
7 REPLIES 7

shepfly
Explorer
Explorer
Try this first: Open up thermostat and you will find little rubbers on the LEDs, remove for a much brighter display. You can always put them back on. As I remember there are small screws to remove for access. Dave

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Jerry B wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
The 5 button and the 10 button are NOT interchangeable. Why not replace your 5 button? About the only thing the 10 button does different is it is programmable. The upper control boards are different. Doug
Doug, if I simply replace my 5 button stat,would the display be better? This one has been difficult to read since new. Thanks.

I have never had a problem reading a 5 button. 4 button model .yes after they were in use for years. Have you tried looking at the display straight on and not at an angle? Is the tstat at eye level? I would bet, this has a LED backlite out and has since new. Doug

Jerry_B
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
The 5 button and the 10 button are NOT interchangeable. Why not replace your 5 button? About the only thing the 10 button does different is it is programmable. The upper control boards are different. Doug
Doug, if I simply replace my 5 button stat,would the display be better? This one has been difficult to read since new. Thanks.
Jerry B
Mobile Suites 36TK3

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
STBRetired wrote:
Doug,
Is there any way to adjust the contrast on the LCD of the 5 button?

Not that I am aware of. Doug

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Doug,
Is there any way to adjust the contrast on the LCD of the 5 button?
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad