cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water heater

spitts55
Explorer
Explorer
What are the correct postion of valves on back of my water heater iam only getting luke warm water all switchs are turned on its elec/gas heater my manule is very vague in description .Could it need a new anode.
7 REPLIES 7

deltamaster
Explorer
Explorer
If you are getting luke-warm water then maybe the bypass is not your problem.

If you have an exterior shower, check to make sure both the hot and cold water valve are turned off and the shower head is not the valve that is turned off. Same for the interior shower.

Common problem is that people turn the shower off by using the valve on the shower head and then forget to turn off the hand valves. This allows hot and cold water to mix in the shwer valve which dilutes the temperature of the water.
:E [purple]I ride it like I stole it![/purple] :B

.......and I just may have.......

I'm on "CB-13", are you?

2004 Fun Mover with a 1998 Road King and a 2002 Sportster tucked in the garage, Dragging a 2002 "RAM Tough" Dodge Dakota Crew Cab. Ohhh what a haul!

TSgt(Ret.) USAF

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
oops double post
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it has three valves this is the correct positions for bypass...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Go read your other posts.........
Answers are in first one

Help on double posting in second one
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
spitts55 wrote:
What are the correct postion of valves on back of my water heater iam only getting luke warm water all switchs are turned on its elec/gas heater my manule is very vague in description .Could it need a new anode.

Should be 3 valves. ONE will be on the pipe going UP beside the WH. One will be past the up pipe, and one will be on top before the up pipe. The one on the up, or H pipe should be closed. Meaning the valve should be ACROSS the pipe. the other two should be open, Meaning the valve should be on a line with the pipe.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anode has nothing to do with heating water. Google water heater bypass and you should see a diagram of the valves.

Jim