cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weird Furnace Noise safe?

Houstonkid
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys, I posted this on the Prime Time forum and got some good feed back but I wanted to try here also to maybe put my mind at ease.

My furnace is making a weird ticking noise as if something is possibly hitting the fan (see my video below) I plan to get in there and look around this weekend but I am not very mechanically inclined.

The problem is my trailer is out at my lease and to take it into the shop would probably screw up a good chunk of my season.

I am not too concerned running it while there but I like to leave it on a bit for our small dog while we are out hunting and I worry the whole time while gone that the fan is going to disintegrate and burn the trailer down (i know, i am a worry wart)

Other than this little noise the heater does perform as designed.

http://youtu.be/sGTkh2DK20o

So, does this sound bother you enough to not run the furnace?
4 REPLIES 4

Houstonkid
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you darsben

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
If furnace fan disintegrates then sail switch will open and flame will go out
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Houstonkid
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the reply westend. I just tend to be a little too cautious with the furnace, even though I understand they are relatively safe and have several safeguards built in to their operation.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't worry about that little bit of noise, it sounds like you have a piece of something flexible that is being hit by the blower vanes. Paper, leaves, plastic?

Don't know where you're hunting but if you're worried about the dog, just leave him something nice to lay on and a loose blanket to burrow in. He probably doesn't need the furnace running.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton