cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What hose type to connect fresh water tanks?

danojeno
Explorer
Explorer
Each of my two fresh water tanks has a large barbed fitting on the bottom measuring approximately 1 1/2" OD. They are connected with a 28" piece of Flexhaust PVC 1 3/8". It tore and sprung a leak at the hose clamp so today I went in search of a replacement. Not much at the local Home Depot or Lowes. I ended up buying a clear vinyl hose with a ID of 1 1/4 and heating it with a hair dryer. It fits now, but I don't know if it's ideal. I can't help but wonder what type of tubing other tanks are tied together. What is a good material for this application, other than what it came with?
2006 Chevy 2500HD 8.1 4x4 CCSB (sold)
2012 Eclipse Stellar 28SBG, Spring Over Axle (Sold)
4 REPLIES 4

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I think your choice of the clear vinyl is hard to beat. That stuff is nearly indestructible from anything,....let alone water.
ANY other hose that does not have a perfectly smooth inside surface, you better gob it w/ sillycone, or you will wish you did, and even then hope for the best.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
idaho556 wrote:
What I have used is call suction hose got it from Valley co-op store like a farm store , might be able find something a place that deal in swimming pool or hot tubs.

Swimming pool vacuum hose will not make a water tight seal where it is clamped to the fitting. Be careful which type you buy.

Explorer II
Explorer II
Flex Fill Hose
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

idaho556
Explorer
Explorer
What I have used is call suction hose got it from Valley co-op store like a farm store , might be able find something a place that deal in swimming pool or hot tubs.