cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which A/C setting?

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
Ducted 15K Coleman Mach in a 30' 5'er. Is it more efficient to have the fan on constantly and let the compressor cycle, or have them both cycle together? Thinking in terms of temperature fluctuations and energy consumption.

Thanks in advance.
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8
6 REPLIES 6

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
The main disadvantage to running the blower full time is that it will pick up the moisture from the coils and evaporate it, adding humidity to the air. If the blower shuts off, all of the condensate drains away, as there is no suction to keep it in the drain pan.

So- I say in humid climates, cycle the blower. For sleeping, I prefer running the blower continuously though.

Interesting perspective, a sensible one thus far. Thanks

It's 76F out, predicted for low of 66F here in NCentral FL tonight. As I type, it's 84F in here. This is my perfect temp. Humidity, BTW is 56%. We have the A/C set to activate at 90. We REALLY don't care for AC.

Back on topic, it appears that running the fan cont. with the compressor cycling is the best scenario. It's what we've always done. Just wanted to make sure that made the best scenario.

Thanks for all of your responses
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
The main disadvantage to running the blower full time is that it will pick up the moisture from the coils and evaporate it, adding humidity to the air. If the blower shuts off, all of the condensate drains away, as there is no suction to keep it in the drain pan.

So- I say in humid climates, cycle the blower. For sleeping, I prefer running the blower continuously though.
-- Chris Bryant

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Effiency I'm not sure.. NOISE I am sure

First it cools faster on HI because the more air you move the more heat you can transfer.> SO HIG speed, auto or constant is the remaining question.

Constant, epically if ducted, your brain tends to "Filter" it out very quickly
On and Off (Auto) it's very annoying, even ducted.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
If it is hot, mine starts to cycle about 2am.

Cycling the blower will use less electricity. In the scheme of things it may not be much different.
Blower on continuous might be less distracting and keep the RV at a more even temperature inside.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Whichever works best for your rig and situation. We prefer a small, high velocity, quieter fan to keep air circulating. Our A/C fan is a lot louder.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Fan on high let it keep running