cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wireless Light Swtch Panel

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I awake. I roll over and press "1" and "3" on a keypad.
The 12-volt bedroom light comes on, as well as the light in the galley (No 2 is the bathroom light).
When I get to the galley I press No 1 (it has an LED indicator) and the bedroom light switches off.

Wireless keypad controlling wired 12-volt lights. In the living room I hear friends drive up so I tap No 4 and the porch light comes on.

Three wireless keypad controllers with nine circuits even though most of them will go unused. LED pilot lights to remind me which circuits are still on.

Heck the keypads do not have to be battery powered - 12 volt chassis power would be ideal.

Shoot, make the bay compartment lights No 5. Why cut corners?

(Sigh)
21 REPLIES 21

MrLugs
Explorer
Explorer
Not multifunctional but would work.
LED Video
with host Mark Polk
2000 Southwind Storm 30H 31.5'
Banks Powerpack system
2003 Jeep Rubicon Toad
and a Dog

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The "wireless" is pretty loose description.
While I am still waiting for a link to 12V system, the 120V I have been using for decades sends signals via 120V wiring.
It does not require running new wires, but than it is not precisely "wireless". I've been operating gate opener/lights with it at about 250' distance.
You can add door camera to 120V system. Does 12V come with the option?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Perxactly, and yeah it's a dream just like those damned compound action wire crimpers.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
You reference wireless keypads, but then you say: "Heck the keypads do not have to be battery powered - 12 volt chassis power would be ideal."

How would you make wireless keypads use 12 volt chassis power?

The keypad wirelessly controls wireless switches, however it receives power from the chassis battery.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
You reference wireless keypads, but then you say: "Heck the keypads do not have to be battery powered - 12 volt chassis power would be ideal."

How would you make wireless keypads use 12 volt chassis power?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been using such pads in my homes for last 30 years. They can also be iPhone operated.
Only risk is that with your neighbors having the same system, you might operate their lights, so better check frequency.
Do you have a link for 12V models?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds interesting. Is this something you're working on, or dreaming about?

I am building something similar, using ESP8266 modules and relays. The keypads will be old smart phones, drafted into continuous service displaying a web page, created not online but in the RV itself on a small computer tucked into a cabinet.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed