cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

06 dodge ram 2500 SB. Golf cart in bed

sidewayzz
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if a cart will fit in the bed with tail gate removed?
TIA
2006 dodge ram 2500
forest river heritage glen
wife and three kids
16 REPLIES 16

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Me Again wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
With a 6.5ft ford bed, ours has the wheels just onto the tailgate. You could probably do an extension with 3/4" plywood and make it work. Better to back it onto the truck as they tend to be heavier in the rear.

While payload may be a concern when you add in hitch weight, people and gear in the truck... golf carts are only around 500-600lb...no where close to 1500-2000lb.

Back it in! Might want to remove the windshield if you do that!

Gas carts are around 650-700, Electric around 1000.

Consider taking the roof off too. Friends lost theirs on the freeway.

Yeah, I have a gas cart and the manual says 600lb empty. Electric are heavier by about 300lb for the batteries. If you get an extended one or add a lot of after market parts, that can add to the weight.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

mudfuel07
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the seat in the back, then you can't back it in. Short answer, it will sit on the tailgate most likely. I hauled our Yamaha in the bed exactly twice and hated it each time! Since we used it when we went camping, I always had the trailer attached. I had to take the trailer jack off each time and reinstall at the campground since the rear sear floor would hit it on turns, the floor even hit the propane tanks a couple of times as well. I solved the problem by getting rid of the bed and installing a flatbed. I looked at one of the Diamond back covers, but it was cheaper to install the flatbed, it would have sat as high or higher than the trailer and I like the looks. Not for everyone on a shortbed SRW truck. Good luck. I also bent the **** out of my tailgate loading and unloading.
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD 4x4 Tradesman(with a few toys)
2020 Puma by Palomino 32RBFQ for the kids!

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
valhalla360 wrote:
With a 6.5ft ford bed, ours has the wheels just onto the tailgate. You could probably do an extension with 3/4" plywood and make it work. Better to back it onto the truck as they tend to be heavier in the rear.

While payload may be a concern when you add in hitch weight, people and gear in the truck... golf carts are only around 500-600lb...no where close to 1500-2000lb.

Back it in! Might want to remove the windshield if you do that!

Gas carts are around 650-700, Electric around 1000.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Bedlam
valhalla360 wrote:

I stand corrected - I was looking at GVWR rather than wet weight. I still think many are 1000 lbs after people option them out.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
This is a strange question. You don't have the truck or the cart, or don't have one or the other? I'd suggest measuring both? Or look up the specs of the cart you're contemplating?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't know if you plan on using it fo golf or campground transportation or both. Kymco makes a small 450cc UTV that will fit in the back of a truck. Like another poster said it might take up your availabile payload.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Cricket mini golf cart will fit in any pickup.

sidewayzz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all
2006 dodge ram 2500
forest river heritage glen
wife and three kids

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maybe you could remove the tailgate, lay a 4x4 on the bumper and screw a plywood floor to it to extend the truck bed enough for the cart.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
Neither are RAM truck beds.

Except the OP told us what truck bed he has, so ?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
sidewayzz wrote:
Does anyone know if a cart will fit in the bed with tail gate removed?
TIA

The rear wheels will be beyond the bed floor.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Bedlam
You may use up all your payload for a 1500-2000 lb golf cart and not have enough left for occupants and hitch weight.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could go to the golfcart mfg web site and get the dimensions of the cart you plan on using and compare those to your truck. I don't know if all golf carts are the same size.