cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1990 six pac camper sc100

leewebb7
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all!..I just joined r.v.net..and have a general question about my camper...my wife and I just bought a 1990 six pac camper..excellent condition...like new on inside..but I can't for the life of me figure out how to drain the fresh water tank..... I've looked everywhere..I've drained the black and gray....but see no valve for the fresh. I would assume you open the gray and just run the pump till it empties..but I do not want to burn the pump up...does this sound right??.I've checked the owners manual..nothing.i have all the manuals for all the equipment on board...it's a shurrflo water pump I believe...
1990 six-pack sc100
2005 Ford F250
27 REPLIES 27

leewebb7
Explorer
Explorer
What size lumber would you recommend??
1990 six-pack sc100
2005 Ford F250

BCSierra
Explorer
Explorer
Skip the cinder blocks and buy some metal sawhorse brackets. If you leave the tensioning bolt loose, they fold when you aren't using them so they will take less room against a wall etc. A lot easier to place two of these than stacking cinder blocks.

Brackets
2001 GMC Sierra 2500 SLE Short Box 4 door Extra Cab
6.0 Vortec, 4L80E Auto Trans, 3.73 rear. 4X4. Timbrens, Rancho 9000's. Hidden Hitch front and Happijac rear tie downs. 1985 Frontier Camper.
Member/Editor of Victoria Motorcycle Club and ASHRAE

leewebb7
Explorer
Explorer
Same here..Four stacks of cinder blocks..with a platform on top I built to lay in the bed of my truck to get the clearance I need over the cab..then I firm the jacks us as well..Electric are nice but out of my price range right now..lol
1990 six-pack sc100
2005 Ford F250

teambeeson
Explorer
Explorer
leewebb7 wrote:
Have you had any trouble with those old rieco jacks???

Yeah... don't trust them. Haha. If I'm storing it for a week or two I put multiple cement block points under the main floor also and then each morning "firm" up the jacks. 6 points of contact... usually with at least 4 tight at any one time LOL. Sigh. I'm either going to get a re-seal kit or just new jacks someday.

Rieco Titan Re-Seal kit

leewebb7
Explorer
Explorer
Have you had any trouble with those old rieco jacks???
1990 six-pack sc100
2005 Ford F250

teambeeson
Explorer
Explorer
leewebb7 wrote:
Do you have any of your manuals??

All of them actually. Furnace, water pump, Sanyo absorption fridge, Six-Pac manual etc.

teambeeson
Explorer
Explorer
996Pilot wrote:
Wings would not fit into the back of the bed without some selective trimming. Fun times!

I've been working on that here and there since I got the camper. I've trimmed about 3-4" off the front of the wings so it sits in the bed a lot more, but without major surgery to the shower area that's about all I'll be able to do at this point. Unless my black tank is mega-full I don't think the C.G. is too bad.

This is my "test fit" before any trimming etc... meh... it's MUCH better now. This was also before +1 leaf spring & Timbrens. I also had to build a 2x4" frame to clear the bed rails.

EDIT: This photo was actually when I was experimenting with 2 pieces of 2" thick foam as the height extender. WAY too much sway with those. The wood 2x4" frame made all the difference.

leewebb7
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have any of your manuals??
1990 six-pack sc100
2005 Ford F250

leewebb7
Explorer
Explorer
teambeeson wrote:
leewebb7 wrote:

It's been noted that the windows went from square to rounded in 1987 I think. Nice rig! AC up top? I love mine... the only issue I'm having is major voltage drop on the water pump and the duo therm furnace. The furnace won't activate the sail switch on battery currently so is pretty useless unless plugged in. My grounds are good etc. so I'm thinking it's just 30yr old wiring at this point with too much resistance. Someday I'll re-wire it all. Still works... just... meh.

Mine has No A/c..not a big deal to me..Mine Has its quirks but its my first truck camper so I didn't have alot money to spend on one...but I love it anyway..lol
1990 six-pack sc100
2005 Ford F250

996Pilot
Explorer
Explorer
leewebb7 wrote:
Hello all!..I just joined r.v.net..and have a general question about my camper...my wife and I just bought a 1990 six pac camper..excellent condition...like new on inside..but I can't for the life of me figure out how to drain the fresh water tank.....

I had a Six Pac Camper from that era I purchased used in 1994 for my brand new 1994 Dodge 2500HD pickup. As I recall, I had to use the water pump to pump out the tank through the kitchen faucet. I re-filled the tank with water/bleach and pumped it all out again, then re-filled with fresh water and pumped it all out again. Then refilled with fresh water again and went camping :). Actually had to do quite a bit more "mods" to the wings of the camper as the '94 Dodge was the first truck at the time that had a tapered bed. Wings would not fit into the back of the bed without some selective trimming. Fun times!
2018 Arctic Fox 811
2015 RAM 3500 SRW Laramie Longhorn 6.7 Cummins 68RFE Timbren SES, Lower Stableloads
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9 Cummins 48RE TRADED
2006 Outfitter Apex 8 TRADED

leewebb7
Explorer
Explorer
I think that's the set up teambeeson has on his..but he didn't know if it was original or added on later before he got it..
1990 six-pack sc100
2005 Ford F250

teambeeson
Explorer
Explorer
leewebb7 wrote:

It's been noted that the windows went from square to rounded in 1987 I think. Nice rig! AC up top? I love mine... the only issue I'm having is major voltage drop on the water pump and the duo therm furnace. The furnace won't activate the sail switch on battery currently so is pretty useless unless plugged in. My grounds are good etc. so I'm thinking it's just 30yr old wiring at this point with too much resistance. Someday I'll re-wire it all. Still works... just... meh.

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
How about a siphon?
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

leewebb7
Explorer
Explorer
1990 six-pack sc100
2005 Ford F250