cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help - Arctic Fox slide issue

cdbinns
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Arctic Fox 1150. We had an issue a couple of weeks ago when the slide make a loud noise just as it got all the way in and then it would not move at all. It turned out that the bolt connecting the moter to the slide mechanism had broken on both ends. We figured maybe we had gotten a bad bolt so we purchased a hardened bolt of the same size and replaced it. The slide worked just fine for our last trip but when I went to put it out this afternoon, it was not working once again. (No loud noise this time). We had only put out and few times since replacing the bolt, so now we are thinking that the original problem wasn't a bad bolt. Something must be sticking or not aligned properly and that is causing the stress that is breaking the bolt.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas about what might be causing the problem? We are going to Nova Scotia in a couple of weeks and would love to have this resolved before we head out.
3 REPLIES 3

cdbinns
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to give folks an update. We've spoken to Northwoods Mfg. They believe it is a timing issue. Not sure exactly what that is in terms of a slide out, but the bottom line is that they have suggested we need to bring it to our dealer for service. We are going to try to bring it down to Bill Penney at Truck Camper Warehouse next week. I'll post another update once he's had the chance to look at it.

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same problem with my 2006 AF 1150. It has sheared that bolt dozens of times. I do not know why. I modified the thin plywood cover under the drawer that must be removed to access the bolt with a quick removal latch, (instead of the 4 screws) so I can change out the bolt in 5 minutes. I keep a bag full of them, and the proper wrenches in the drawer.

I will for sure be watching this to see if anyone has a cure.
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's still early out West. Call Northwood/Arctic Fox.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member